Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

What monster suits the player best?

If the player would become a monster, what would you choose?
I'd choose the Demon. Biting cops in a semipermanent berserk state oughta be fun. Latter weapons/abilities should be more interesting to use.

Maybe a possessed marine would be better, because it would fit in the plot more as a sequel to a regular megawad. It's quite a recurring twist too.

If it had to be a standard Doom monster, easy: Cyberdemon. Mass ownage grindage pawnage owningness.

(Is this in the proper subforum?)

Maes said:

Hadn't this sort of thing been proposed, implemented and gone completely wrong? :-p

I'm still craving for the moment when Doom will take its revenge :D

A plain baron versus DMARMY marines sounds dumb; just get rid of the Doom-monster complex and the do-it-all colourful helmeteers.

As a serious choice, I'd take the Imp as a player, complete with personality and character development, and give it super speed. Demons are too clumsy while other monsters are too enduring.

Also, unlike normal Doom, Monster Doom should allow 'friendly' characters, such as Lost Souls which can be used. Enemies should be military as in the RTCW game. And their speeds should match the default Doom ones for the monsters.

I think that the Imp would be good, but also what would be very nice is if one could play as Fatso.

jobro said:

is if one could play as Fatso.

I've seen a dehacked patch somewhere on the Internet, about turning the player into a 'rebel mancubus'. The story was aware of the player's speed, describing that the mancubus got super-speed. Each weapon looked like a plasma gun, used the 'bfg sound' code-pointer, followed by a sequence of three fireballs shot ahead. The bfg sound was somehow replaced with manatk. The replacement didn't work on ZDoom (1.22?).

A new kind of demon, as in Hexen II mission Pack. With this you don't have problems about giving the character more speed, diferent health, attacks, size, you know.

one could play as Fatso

this has in fact already been done,look for "Captain Mancubus" (afair mancubus.zip on the /idgames archive). It's a more or less completed zDoom mod in which the player sprites got replaced by mancubus sprites and in which the player is on a solo mission for his army of hellspawn,if I recall that right.

Captain Mancubus was a cool idea, but then it was ruined by hungry nerd issues like fighting Jesus and such.

I wouldn't play like an Imp with people from these forums ;-)