Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksej

TNT: Evilution map31 (pharaoh) theme - where taken from. Who knows?

A few years ago i found this theme in song "Now" by synthpop band "The Second Sight". But album that contains this song dated by 2001. Now i'm think - who stole this theme? This band from tntteam or they both (tntteam and synth band) takes this from some primary source?
Any ideas?
Song by this band i uploaded here (russian filesharing service) or here.

Yeah the yellow key, but TeamTNT has a PWAD to fix it on their site. Of course, there's also the fact people have found neat ways to beat the level even with a missing key :)

$ perl -pi~ -0777e 'substr($_,0x494844,1)=chr(0x7)' tnt.wad
Of course unless you're recording a demo or something you can just type the yellow key cheat code in at the appropriate moment and not risk messing with your IWAD. To each his own

Yes, unless you're completely certain you're never going to want to watch any demos that involve tnt map31, do not alter the iwad. A lot of demos require that the patch is not used (and some require that it is, of course). [Also, changing only the yellow key flag fails to implement a node fix that the patch includes.]

See my autoloading patterns for detailed information, and for a way not to have to worry about which demos require it and which don't (it is loaded or not loaded as required).

BTW, another way around the problem is to play in single-player coop mode. :)

Grazza said:

BTW, another way around the problem is to play in single-player coop mode. :)

Never heard of this one :-o
Exactly what does coop mode change in map 31?

RjY said:

$ perl -pi~ -0777e 'substr($_,0x494844,1)=chr(0x7)' tnt.wad
Of course unless you're recording a demo or something you can just type the yellow key cheat code in at the appropriate moment and not risk messing with your IWAD. To each his own

That's exactly what the Patcher does, but it does it a little bit more comfy and with a GUI :-)

The 'idkfa' cheat is not recommended, because it gives you all keys, so it might spoil your gaming experience.

The 'risk of messing with your IWAD' can be minimized by use of some advanced technology called 'Making Backups'.
BTW: Doesn't we all have the original CD-ROM, making it possible to reinstall the game if something goes wrong?