Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

WIP monster pack (Convertion of monsters from other DOOM games to classic DOOM)

Hey, this is something allways atracted me, convert some of the monsters that are specific to certain DOOM games into pc classic DOOM. At the moment I only plan to convert these that could add something to the gamplay and don't excess my posibilities.

Here are the first two I'm working on, please note that they're work in progress.

-Bruiser (from ROE). Some may say the monitor on its head is it's most distinctive thing, but I think that could also be said about the mech legs of the Pinky.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3113/brsra1fr9.gif

-Motherdemon. This is VERY work in progress, please ignore the legs, the only thing to look at are the shoulders, head, and arms. There's a compressed caco body that I tried to use but droped the idea. I'm going to add some spikes for it's shoulders later on.
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4426/motherdemonzm2.gif

I'd like to ask you for suggestions, about these, and about the other monsters. Please keep in mind I can't design decent sprites from scratch.

Ehmm...what's ROE? And what's that grey Cacodemon butt (complete with controversial orifices) that appear in the motherdemon pic supposed to be? :-o

Maes said:

Ehmm...what's ROE?

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil. Never played it enough to see the bruisers though.

The Bruiser needs robotic hooves and those cannons are too big IMO, the Bruiser from RoE is an stupid design sticking an monitor on its head ugh.

RoE isn't really very good, but I think the monsters in it are pretty cool. Nice work. I wonder how you're gonna make a vulgar though.

I'll see how I can reduce the cannons without making them too pixalated.
About the monitor, the problem is that I couldn't draw one, and I don't know where to get one in at least two angles (1,2), the third could be improved without not much problems.

As the whole package is going to take a while I think I'm going to release a monster at a time.
I'm not sure about the behavior as I never played ROE enough to see one of these, for what I read it shoots a stream of projectiles, that should have to be replaced with something else as we already have the Arachnotron for that, and the Mancubus for twin projectiles, perhaps replacing that with the spidermastermind attack, a strong sniper with a versatile size, and less hp than a spider could fit, yet it may cause more infighting than what authors could desire. Then again, it's a bit early to think about that.

About the Vulgar I'm planning to make a cross between the nightmare Imp and it. As both could fit, but placing the two should be kinda reiterative. I'm also thinking about crossing the Nightmare spectre with the Wraith (I have an idea for the teleportation attack without using any kind of script), but it's also too early for that (yet not so much as these are going to be the next since they're not really hard at all to design).

dutch devil said:

The Bruiser needs robotic hooves and those cannons are too big IMO, the Bruiser from RoE is an stupid design sticking an monitor on its head ugh.

I can't help but wonder if they got the idea for the Bruiser from Silent Hill. (Looks kinda silent hillish to me. :\)

These all look good, and I look foward to the finished project. I'd help but I suck at making/recoloring sprites.