Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maes

A comprehensive list of all commercial Doom and Doom 2 IWADs and PWADs

Let's hope this hasn't beaten to death...

OK, so far the obvious ones are:

DOOM.WAD, DOOM2.WAD, TNT.WAD and PLUTONIA.WAD, any version of them.

Then, AFAIK, those PWADs are "commercial releases":

-The lost episodes of Doom (Doom)
-The Master Levels (Doom 2)
-Perdition's gate (Doom 2)
-Hell to Pay. (Doom 2)
-Doom: Extra Hard (Doom - 1994, unconfirmed, by some "Group TUC")

Plus some commercial "TCs" like Chex Quest or Hacx.

Are there any others?

I think I wrote "any version of them", that includes castrate or national pride versions as well ;-)

I was mostly interested in discovering which "commercial" mods have been released.

Maes said:

I think I wrote "any version of them", that includes castrate or national pride versions as well ;-)

Ya, but they also have a different filename that needs to be mentioned :)

I never heard about Extra Hard, judging by the year and name I suppose it's just crap. Is it the wad made by a girl that was pretended to be sold? I remember she said that her wad had "reflective floors" (the bug caused by adding a wall texture bigger than the sector height, spliting the sector in two). I remember that I was liked the wad because it had an extra player 1 start in the middle of the map, and as I didn't have any level editor it was the only place where I could see these sprites, also I couldn't play multiplayer back then (and I were playing the DOOM version with a multiplayer demo), so you can imagine my fascination.

Any link to some artwork if it exists about DOOM Extra Hard?

Lol? What's that list about grazza? Are all the "Maximum Doom" PWADS supposed to be commercial?

Man, I have both Perdition's gate and Hell 2 Pay and still haven't got around to playing them. Also, apparently both are included in D!Zone Gold.

alexz721 said:

[Perdition's gate and Hell 2 Pay] ... apparently both are included in D!Zone Gold.

No, just the "limited edition" versions (11 and 15 levels respectively).

Ah, you're right. Good to know. Anyway, I think I'll finally play them tomorrow. Good thing this topic came up, or I'd have forgotten about them completely. Nothing like 64 new levels to check out.

Hope they're fun.

Scuba Steve said:
Is there any way to play perditions gate and Hell 2 Pay?

The demo versions are linked on ricrob's site. As has been discussed on previous threads, the full versions could be rightfully obtained only by paying the now defunct Wraith Corporation for them.