Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

How do I switch menus??

There are some submenus (not all) that show a "NEXT ->" on the lower right, suggesting that there are more options than available on the screen. So far I haven't found the former "Features", the display BMP/PCX format etc., so I guess this "NEXT ->" hints to them. OK, how do I reach them? I haven't found any key that unfolds the other menu options. I guess it's "right arrow" (from KEYS.CSC) but it doesn't work.

It's mentioned in a couple places, and also mentioned is that you can bind keys to actions menu_pageup and menu_pagedown to accomplish the same thing. Starting with 3.33.50, the default keys.csc should already have these actions bound to the Page Up and Page Down keys on the keyboard. Of course if you left the keys.csc from a previous installation, the new bindings will not appear.

Why not make "next" selectable like I saw in other ports instead of this button combo.
Despite this I prefer this menu above other vanilla like ports because
I can change the function of the right button mouse and disable bobbing from within the menu.

The problem with making the next/prev indicators selectable is that the menus are based on static arrays of items, and the next/prev indicators are not a part of that, nor can they be made to work that way and still have the menu paging be transparently superimposed over the sets of menus that make up a multipage menu. Anything that's selected on a menu has to be an element of the menu's item array.

More likely what I'll do is change the indicators and have them tell you what key to press to go to the previous or next page. Also requested is the ability for the left/right arrows to take you to the next page, SO LONG AS the currently selected menu widget doesn't already intercept events on those keys. The reason the menus don't already support using left/right arrows to page is precisely because of this problem. The functionality of those keys will become overloaded, and you won't be able to page if you have one of those widget types selected.