Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dusty

id Anthology - Shrink Wrapped in box!

I just added to my id Software collection and am excited, wanted to share. I won on Ebay my second sealed copy of id Anthology. 100% new in the box with shrink wrap still on it. I now have 2 sealed copies of id Anthology and 1 opened copy.

Sorry but I just had to share, I'm really happy!!!

v8killer.com for my collection pictures. (need to update again - been SO busy)

Regards,

Dusty

Thanks, very happy about it! I know of 4 in the world total (including my 2) that are shrink wrapped. One sold for $500 and another for about $300, so I feel I paid a fair price. And the first one I have from a year ago I got for a GREAT deal.

Cheers,

Dusty

DJShrimpy said:

Hmm you still never responded to my email about the Doom 64 poster and the id Anthology

Then I didn't get it! I sit on my email all day, 5 days a week. I get 100-150 emails every day (business related). Please resend!

Raikoh_Minamoto said:

Nice! You got Ultimate Quake yet? Good stuff. B)

3 copies of it. None are perfect or brand new though...still searching for that!!

Dusty

DJShrimpy:
Thanks, I'll keep looking. Go to stores.ebay.com I saw some Doom 64 banners
you might like.

Dusty:
Awesome! Anything else you're looking for? I have other duplicates I can sell.

DJShrimpy:
It's ok. But if you see an id Anthology somewhere, please email me right away!

Dusty:
Can and will do...

Not a reply since, and I can tell you I've bidded on at least 8 Anthologys since then.

DJShrimpy said:

Not a reply since, and I can tell you I've bidded on at least 8 Anthologys since then.

The only place I have seen id Anthology for sale since then is Ebay. Obviously you are bidding on the ones on Ebay, but if you've bid on 8+ why are you losing? Not willing to pay enough or what?

I got the Doom 64 banners so I owe you one for those! You want me to email you every time an id Anthology comes up on Ebay? Because it sounds like to me you're doing a fine job of finding them...

Dusty

Dusty said:

3 copies of it. None are perfect or brand new though...still searching for that!!

I actually bought a brand new copy of Ultimate Quake a few months ago at the local EB store. I don't remember if it was shrink wrapped, but the box was sealed and *******ely brand new.

If they have more how much would you pay for a brand new one?

3 is a little bit excessive though. All it is, is Q1, 2 and 3. No guides or expansion packs. Plus Q3 sucks.

Edit: Why is the forum censoring words that aren't even bad?

Dusty said:

I got the Doom 64 banners so I owe you one for those! You want me to email you every time an id Anthology comes up on Ebay? Because it sounds like to me you're doing a fine job of finding them...

No, but in exchange for the banners, when you want to sell one of your priceless treasures, please inform me before you put it on eBay is all I ask. ;)

Dusty said:

Not willing to pay enough or what?

Bingo.

And I've been collecting as well for the past few months. I got my hands on some pewter figurines, a few console ports and books, and I'm expecting the Lost Episodes to come in sometime this week. :P

EDIT: What's all this talk about Ultimate Quake? Its not like it's rare or anything.

Scet said:

Edit: Why is the forum censoring words that aren't even bad?

It's a way to get people to spell correctly.

I got a shrinkwrapped copy of Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel several weeks ago. I removed the shrinkwrap and installed it. Am I going to hell?

I am going for sure. I had Ultimate Doom shrink wrapped. But the need for the Iwad compelled me. Came with a nifty poster.
Still have a Quake 1 shrink wrapped.

EarthQuake said:

Haha, I still have Doom Collector's Edition shrinkwrapped.
Is that worth anything yet? :P

Haha, I threw away the box, the jewel case, and the Doom 3 promo. I rarely use the CD anyway, just copy WADs around from my disk.

Scet said:
Why is the forum censoring words that aren't even bad?

OMFG METHINKS I FIGURED IT OUT.

In the SNES version of Doom, the instruction manual had a description of the Cyberdemon:

"This walking nightmare... will *d-e-f-i-n-a-t-e-l-y* reach out and touch you."

The correct spelling is d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y

At least, that's how the Doom Wiki spelled it before someone changed it. See, methinks that the incorrect spelling was used in the SNES manual, and the forums here censor it out to reference this.

Rai = genius

Does anyone here have a copy of the manual for the SNES version of Doom, who is willing to verify this?

Wish I had that kind of cash to spend on Doom memorabilia. I have the id anthology as well that I bought off ebay for around 50 bucks used. Its just missing the dog tags, unfortunetly.

Raikoh_Minamoto said:

See, methinks that the incorrect spelling was used in the SNES manual, and the forums here censor it out to reference this.

Rai = genius

I don't think any of the admins have ever seen the SNES Doom instruction manual. It's censored because it's retarded. End of story.