Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
jobro

Jobro's sound repositery

Before people here get their hopes up:

And I will not agree to your release of a wad containing any sound by me if you haven't purchased the right to use them. Laid it simple: You may use the sounds in unreleased wads unlicensed, but released wads with my sounds is obliged to have a purchased license.

Sorry, but what's the point to sell these generalised sound packs (disclaimer: at work now, haven't listened to them yet) when a Google search for "sound" & "free" generates several pages of links to free sound libraries?

If I were you, I'd provide services to generate highly-specific sounds (like character dialogue!) or even game music, and especially advertise for the more modern game mods since they use these things much more often. Because a free 'humming engine' sound can be found quite easily while eg. a specific spoken line by a NPC is almost impossible to find.

Sorry but I wouldn't even pay a single cent to "invst" for "Souds" from a "Repositery" for purely hobbyist Doom projects.

LMFAO! There is almost NO WAY that you had to pay 8500 smackaroos for a new computer, sound software, AND audio hardware!

New Computer = $1200 AT MOST (for a hardcore gaming rig, but for audio stuff I would say $900)

Audio Software = Approx $300. The MOST I have ever seen is $500 bucks for the deluxe version of FLStudio

Hardware = less than $200. If you payed any more you're wastin cash...

In NO WAY does that total $8500!

If you expect someone to pay you for updating your computer than just forget about it! You will just get ridiculed beyond belief...

Yeah um, I agree with all the above people, noone will pay $ for something like this, especially for a 13+ year old game.

Also, if you want DECENT recording hardware, you will pay through the ass for it, my brother is a musician and he knows what is good and whats not. (then again, so do I)

now that I think about it

unless you also bought a synthesizer....in fact even if you did that still doesnt equal anwhere near 8500 bucks!

(I've seen a really expensive Synth at about $2500, but with everything else it still seems that you're just lying to make a profit, which in fact is illegal in the United States!)

I don't really see how a synth would help making these kind of sounds. Such a thing is a good investment for making music, but I think its not very usefull for making sound effects. There just may be a nice sound in its wavetables, but that would be theft really.

Ive seen documentaries and such with pros in the sound department of movies using a synth to make sounds (like a baby's gurgles ran thru a synth made R2D2's squeaks)

£15 MP3 dictaphone thingy + the world = redundancy of anything except free sound libraries

Wow, and I thought MattBratt11 was a dumbass.

I could release the sounds as freeware, but I've made investments on over $8500 the last years by invsting in a better computer, licenses for the music software I use, Audio hardware. That's why I can't release them as freeware.

Either you're full of shit or you're overflowing with shit. There is absolutely no way you can honestly expect ANY of us to believe that.

Bah, i was hoping to steal some of the engine sounds for my Click games, but they don't sound much like engines, more like generic "technological" sounds from 60's Doctor Who. In fact the very last one in Engine pack 2 reminds me of the Cybermen attacking in "The Invasion"

So does this mean that what he's doing is illegal?

LAWSUIT!

Unbelievable...

Yeah, hell seems like the right place for this.

@Jobro: Why do you even bother when you feel the need to do it for money only? You have been here long enough that you should know that this doesn't work.