Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Hell Underneath in progress (now with a teaser trailer!)

Looks pretty cool to me some suggestions, an new sky and some ledges in the bottom shot where the stone textures are and an lift to get up there with an door leading to an different area.

Is this for doom2 format? good luck with the project looks nice so far.

dutch devil said:

Is this for doom2 format?

It is for boom based ports, it will work on zdoom. i will release another version for doomsday at the same time as the version for Boom.

And yes, you will need the Doom2 wad to play.

Nice stuff. I actually like the sky, but I suppose it could be replaced by a red one, which would probably fit more for this level.

Looks alright. One suggestion I have is to change the lower textures of the walkway on the water in the first screenshot. The blue key textures just look odd. :)

Tango said:

Looks alright. One suggestion I have is to change the lower textures of the walkway on the water in the first screenshot. The blue key textures just look odd. :)

Is that what that was? It was hard to tell because of the glow from the water. But yeah, it does look rather strange.

And please import some appropriate music from whatever legal source. Doom 2 music is ugly.

dutch devil said:

Then its for boom format I meant that you were making this for plain doom2 format, will it have boom features?

The are some editing features from Boom i use, but not anything that will prevent the wad from working in Doomsday.

Ichor said:

Is that what that was? It was hard to tell because of the glow from the water. But yeah, it does look rather strange.

It looks like it could be the SHAWN texture with blue lights as well. Also, if you do change the textures, I'd change the flat on the walkway to match it.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Something about the way that BIGBRIKx ledge in the first shot is tiling is bugging me out...I'd change it a little. But other than that,this level could turn out a little cool.

i am makeing this wad a Doomsday only, sorry zdoom fans. There are just to many things that got in my way when trying to make a map that woud work for both zdoom and doomsday without using a basic Doom2 format.

hardcore_gamer said:

i am makeing this wad a Doomsday only, sorry zdoom fans. There are just to many things that got in my way when trying to make a map that woud work for both zdoom and doomsday without using a basic Doom2 format.

thinks never seem to work out! Skulltag it is!

What? I have nothing wrong with Skulltag (I use it for almost everything), but if you've already started the wad as limit removing/whatever, you might as well finish it up that way. :\

Oh, and hey, if you need anyone to test it, I'd like to. :)

BASGTA said:

That might be way it's called Part 2.

I don't think you should just make a sequel to someone else's work without their consent. Besides, its better to have an original name.

Does it really matter if an name is allready taken with thousands of wads in the archives is not easy to pick an name which hasn't been used before.

hardcore_gamer said:

damn! Did not know. guess i will have to call it something else.
Any advise what to call it?

Bah! The name stays the way it is!

Yeah, just say "hardcore_gamer's Hell Beneathed: no connection with NNNN's work".

possible names, in the style of the doom random name generator that i can't find the link to anymore:

UNDER HELL: FROM BENEATH
BENEATH THE UNDERSIDE OF HELL
HELL UNDERNEATH
HELL NOT ABOVE
HAPPINESS NEVER WITHOUT
EATH THE HELL OF BEN
WREATH BENEATH
REAPING LIBRARY
SVEN BENEATH

How bout for a name:
Hell Amongst All - H.A.A.
Beneath the Surface- B.S (No puns intended, kthnxbai)

But you think of what you want to name it.

esselfortium said:

possible names, in the style of the doom random name generator that i can't find the link to anymore:

HELL UNDERNEATH
HELL NOT ABOVE
HAPPINESS NEVER WITHOUT
EATH THE HELL OF BEN
WREATH BENEATH
REAPING LIBRARY
SVEN BENEATH

UNDER HELL: FROM BENEATH: sounds stupid.

BENEATH THE UNDERSIDE OF HELL: sounds even worse

HELL UNDERNEATH: i like that one.

HELL NOT ABOVE: weird.

HAPPINESS NEVER WITHOUT: noooooooooooo.....

EATH THE HELL OF BEN: nope.

WREATH BENEATH: forget it.

REAPING LIBRARY: wtf?

SVEN BENEATH 2xwtf?

esselfortium said:

HELL UNDERNEATH
HELL NOT ABOVE
HAPPINESS NEVER WITHOUT
EATH THE HELL OF BEN
WREATH BENEATH
REAPING LIBRARY
SVEN BENEATH

There is this: doomworld.com/linguica/randlevel.php]