Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Hell Underneath in progress (now with a teaser trailer!)

I just played it, great work! I really liked your second map but it took my some time just to understand just where the hell i should go on the first one. Once the map from janitor is finished i will put all of the maps in a single wad, in the meantime i will make some changes to my own maps, i guess that the only think needed now is a cool titlepic for the project, unless you don't want one. I will probably not make your second map play right after your first wad once it is in the main project wad to keep things diverse, the second map will probably end up as the fynal map since it has both a spidermastermind and a cyberdemon.

hardcore_gamer said:

Since the project is close to finish, i have made this teaser for the project. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdJSmH2sIdY

I quite enjoyed as well the teaser of this project, and i have to notice two things:

- The teaser starts whit my own maps! Woo-hoo! ^_^

- The right pronunciation of my nickname is DAIMONreloaded (dee a i em o en) like is wroted!!!!! Remember it next time!

- If you want to give me a beta of final project of some sort for the MAPINFO departement, our for anything else, i'll be glad to help you...

I'll check it out. I hope all of the maps will be enjoyable. Some of the layouts seem like they could use some more work, but as a whole it looks okay.

TheCupboard said:

Some of the layouts seem like they could use some more work

Tell my what you don't like and perhaps i can fix it while janitor finishes his maps.

daimonreloaded said:

- The right pronunciation of my nickname is DAIMONreloaded (dee a i em o en) like is wroted!!!!! Remember it next time!-...

Sorry! There is a software called daemon and i can't help but thinking of that software when i think about your name. Oh damn.....the credid screen says daemon instead of daimon! Better fix it.

I don't know who's maps I'm commenting on, I'm just saying stuff:
Some natural and significant outdoors landscaping would be good.
Perhaps more height variation to achieve interesting architecture.
Experiment with different textures.

I think the map set will be a nice play through, though. :) I think you have acceptable maps, just work on refining what you have to make it stand out more. Good work up to this point!

hardcore_gamer said:

Sorry! There is a software called daemon and i can't help but thinking of that software when i think about your name. Oh damn.....the credid screen says daemon instead of daimon! Better fix it.

No problem.

Janitor has just told my that he can no longer work on the project as he is drowning in work (something like that).....oh well!

That means i have no reason to wait any longer and the wad will probably be released in the next few days (i would say a week at most):)

The only thing left is to put all of the stuff in one wad and give Daimon a copy of the wad so he can comment on it:)

ok.

NOTE: I may still have make some tweeks on map02 (temple of sin) like adding more detail in the first hallway. And some stuff like that. The map that is suppose to play after your first map is in the wad i sent you, but like i said in the PM. After exiting that map the game just skips it to your second map!

hardcore_gamer said:

Assuming it will be accepted

hardcore_gamer said:

MHUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Ok, its ok, but here are a few tips-

-You occasionally use bigdoor textures for small doors. Remember different door sizes need different textures. This for example, is incorrect.
-Try to have 'border' textures whenever possible- If an area has stone for example switching to startan you may need a texture between them-like metal or doorstop to make the transition not so rough.
-Needs more secrets.

Gameplay is good though.