Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dittohead

The /newstuff Chronicles #302

Oh I got it. I'm just surprised fraggle didn't get it even after I figured it out :)

from the reviews of DD's wad this week:

"Utterly pointless 'remake' of classic doom levels with next to nothing new at all apart from a couple of twiddly bits here and there. The 'author' of this pack deserves none of the credit for these levels."

A few tweaks here and there and you could fit this review to a similar project! It's like a review from the future!

(+5, Flamebait)

dutch devil said:

Hehehe April fools oh too late for that, keep your stinking credit I don't map for that I do it because I like it.

huh?

your wad was awesome btw.

Csonicgo said:

from the reviews of DD's wad this week:

"Utterly pointless 'remake' of classic doom levels with next to nothing new at all apart from a couple of twiddly bits here and there. The 'author' of this pack deserves none of the credit for these levels."

DD/morbid doomer/whoever is a talented mapper who has made some enjoyable maps in the past, but M1 Revisited is an utterly pointless mapset. Irrespective of whether the maps were made 'from scratch', the maps are vertex for vertex almost identical to the originals. I'm sure DD got something out of 'making' these maps, but I really fail to see the point. If you want to play these maps, just play the originals.

Whatever. I don't think they're amazing maps or anything, and they're essentially the same as the originals with added pretty stuff, but I don't really understand all the hating on them. :\

Thats because they aren't amazing, its just and project I started on out of boredom perhaps it was better that I left this on my hd.

dutch devil said:
Thats because they aren't amazing, its just and project I started on out of boredom perhaps it was better that I left this on my hd.

That's kind of pointless, as (in addition to them being an interesting experience to you) some people seem to have liked them, credit, originality, or whatever, notwithstanding.

And if they keep grumbling, just tell them it was an April fools joke...

What? Dutch Devil is Morbid Doomer?

Anyway, what's wrong with the remakes? Jesus, you people are hard to please around here. I thought they were tasteful and pretty well done. Yeah, they're pretty close to the originals and all, but they're definetly a lot better looking and keep the original feel. I guess if you don't like this then you pretty much don't like remakes at all.

I say finish your project DD.

I got some people pretty good here with my April fools joke hehehehe, am I still considered to be an junior after all these years :)

Alright back to making more maps no rest for the wicked.

DD plenty of people do like your maps. Keep making them please. Whiners can delete them if that is what they want, many of us really enjoy them.

IMHO M1 Revisited was quite nice actually. A good idea too. I think it would be a real trip to go through Ultimate Doom and even Doom2 with all the levels spiffed up and debugged. I mean lets face it, lots of the levels in Doom and Doom2 fall pretty far short of today's standards.

These kinds of projects are far from pointless. I believe they can contribute to enhancing and preserving the game.

Some decent wads but nothing to write home about.
Also, judging from the screenie, the Rainbow Plasma Gun seems more like a Plasma Gun USA Patriot Edition.