Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Doom 19th Best Tech Product of All Time

Doom (666 votes)

Does this mean that Doom is officially evil?

It will be on the 6665th vote.

This list is wrong. You can't compare a game to a console to a computer system. Its like saying a pizza is better than a skateboard because of sales differences.

I wonder why they took just Redhat Linux and not the Linux Kernel in general or the GNU tools. Anyway, if DooM and free software make it into the tops it's fine.
And I agree, it's kinda strange to compare hardware with software or services.

Cacodemon said:
I wonder why they took just Redhat Linux and not the Linux Kernel in general or the GNU tools.

Yeah, although I think they meant commercial packages. Perhaps they saw Red Hat as the one that popularized Linux as a product.

mykYeah, although I think they meant commercial packages. Perhaps they saw Red Hat as the one that popularized Linux as a product.

Well, that sounds like a reason. Without a doubt RH/Fedora is one of the major distributions with influence out there and kinda representative for Linux in the US I guess.
Although I think there's a vast mass of people using the downloadable ones like Debian and derviates, or downloaded Suse/Fedora/Mandriva iso packages, or maybe funky stuff like Gentoo and similar. And none of them is sold in a box.

Whee! Doom is winning the user poll! Now over 800 votes and 17% of them all!