Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #303

looks just fine to me, too. and anyway, that's a really stupid thing to bitch about, since gl ports always do a little bit of smoothing.

Well it's not normal. Because the image is still in 320x200 resolution, but it's being bilineray or trilineary filtered.

So you got the pixels sharp and big, but the image looks a lot less sharp and pretty damn crappy.

Last I checked the GL port were supposed to increase the visual appeal of the game, not decrease it.

in any case, a simple browsing of doomsday's forums at newdoom.com will reveal a few mods to increase the visual quality of the user interface, both menu and HUD.

I guess the quality of the graphics card also comes into play when considering the image blurriness.

Compare the doomsday pic to this (gzdoom) and you'll see what I mean.

I guess the quality of the graphics card also comes into play when considering the image blurriness.

I have a 7950GT, I don't think that's the problem :P

you're obviously running gzdoom in software mode. in openGL mode, the texture is smoothed over a bit. i just ran the game in both modes to confirm.

hi, welcome to a conversation that's not about in-game software versus hardware.

to make it very simple: we're discussing the TITLE screen, not how things look in-game, which generally looks as it should depending on the renderer.

dethtoll said:

you're obviously running gzdoom in software mode. in openGL mode, the texture is smoothed over a bit. i just ran the game in both modes to confirm.

Then you obviously didn't bother to check out the options in the OpenGL menu.

... and?

texture-wise, it's not as if there's much difference between oGL and software if you have texture filtering turned off.

Ah, now I can see what you were referring to. Yes, rendering of the menu and the TITLEPIC is a bit blurry, even with all the texture filtering options turned off. We'll look at improving the results in an upcoming version of Doomsday.

dethtoll said:

like anyone has to listen to someone with the custom title of "dumbass".

Hey, don't insult Csonicgo. Without him I'd be the only idiot left on the regular forums. :(

Out of interest: Is no one willed to write the newstuff or where's the problemn? There have been many releases since the last one so the problem has nothing to do with missing material :(

I'm pretty sure delays have happened so far, so I don't see where's the trouble. If maps get ignored because of this, then there's another story.

I hope they're at least busy playing/reviewing SMDM - that should take a while. :D

printz said:

I'm pretty sure delays have happened so far, so I don't see where's the trouble. If maps get ignored because of this, then there's another story.

Well, it actually did happen last time, I didn't get a review for Austerity v2.0 although I did upload it and although it's already in the archives, it has never been in a newstuff :(

dutch devil said:

Are you mapping to get your maps reviewed?

Not at all but I am surely interested what others think. /newstuff reviews and gives promotion you know. Or why do you post screenshots ofr your maps in progress? :)