Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

How can i make swimable water?

In many levels, i have seen water you can swim in. I know skulltag can do this, but how? I use Doom builder to make my levels and it is beyond my how the mappers do this.

You mean swimmable-swimmable or just that "deep water" visual effect? The latter can be done with vanilla Doom too.

And don't ask people to make anything for you, it will just turn you into loser-bait.

Maes said:

You mean swimmable-swimmable or just that "deep water" visual effect? The latter can be done with vanilla Doom too.

And don't ask people to make anything for you, it will just turn you into loser-bait.

you got it rong. i meant do you know about a level that already exists?
I dont want anyone to make anything.

the deep water thing. put it in a deep water sector. that'll make it swimmable.

dutch devil said:

http://www.zdoom.org/zdkb/zdoom21.html deep water tutorial with an demo wad, very usefull site I used to visit the website alot when I first started out mapping for zdoom.

great, but i dont use wadauthor to map. And i cant load that map in doom builder couse the level appears all mest up. The same thing goes with the other link above.

Works fine for me I use doom builder and ive seen that demo more than once in doom builder and never had any problems with it.

It must be something with your version of doom builder.

hardcore_gamer said:

And i cant load that map in doom builder couse the level appears all mest up.

Upon opening the WAD, in the "Select Map from x" dialog, have you selected "ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format)" at "Configuration"? Otherwise, the map will look messed up.

printz said:

Upon opening the WAD, in the "Select Map from x" dialog, have you selected "ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format)" at "Configuration"? Otherwise, the map will look messed up.

thinks for the advice.