Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Dear Lord in Heaven!

Geez, I just got through playing the two worst WADs in Doom history!
Ship.WAD and Ship2.WAD!! They're 100% newbie all the way through!
The guy who made these levels is probably no more than 9 years old. He put celing textures on the floor and floor textures on the ceiling. The first level (Ship) is full of HOM and bad monster placement. There is no exit. No weapons to speak of either. Except a Shotgun.
Ship2 is marginally better, in the same way that some parts of the Titantic are marginally above water than others.
This sucks.
Avoid this like the plague!!!!

ok, how about you take a look at your first two maps and see how they look, if you never made a map before I encourage you to download deep and try to make a map.

What I'm trying to say it that people's first maps will alweys suck, that also goes for webpages, music, whatever. You get better at things by practicing.

Well, I know all that, but this guy looks like he didn't practice enough.

I'd just like to see how bad these WADs are. I've played some pretty bad ones myself, and the guy who made them was my age! How shitty is that???

Ship2 is marginally better, in the same way that some parts of the Titantic are marginally above water than others.

Right.

Right.

Give DooMBoy some credit, he at least made a funny (not the typo) :)

Yeah, but "Titanic"? That's like saying "Hilter" or "Sxe".

I don't think anyone's ever tacked a negative connotation to the Titanic. Mentioning it wouldn't be nearly as taboo as mentioning Hitler or "Sxe" (as you so eloquently put it).

Let's face it: everybody's first few maps suck absolute ass. Same with art or fiction. People just shouldn't release their first few works, or they should at least do some heavy cleaning up first.

Let's face it: everybody's first few maps suck absolute ass. Same with art or fiction. People just shouldn't release their first few works, or they should at least do some heavy cleaning up first.

Tell that to bigdog ^_^

Tell that to bigdog ^_^

[obliges Zal] Bigdog, everybody's first... ^_^

danarchist, if Jesus saw you post that link, he'd shit his pants. Is that what you want? A shitting Jesus!?!? (translation: LOL)

My question is, DoomBoy, why the hell were you even playing those wads in the first place????

I'm starting to make a SP map wad of a mountain city. It's the first really good (IMO, i haven't really gotten anyone else to play it, except Airraid a bit!) map set. I have 4 1/2 maps done so far, and i actually had to go back and impove on the first one in the pack. I'm going for realism in this one.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP ME, CONTACT ME ON ICQ AND TEST MY MAPS AS OF NOW.

My question is, DoomBoy, why the hell were you even playing those wads in the first place????

Probably because I was bored and with nothing to do.
Ever felt that way, Archie64? I'm sure you have.

ok, how about you take a look at your first two maps and see how they look, if you never made a map before I encourage you to download deep and try to make a map.

What I'm trying to say it that people's first maps will alweys suck, that also goes for webpages, music, whatever. You get better at things by practicing.

actually my first map wasn't all that bad at all...well it sucked in terms of gameplay i guess, but it wasn't all fudged up or anything, it was a few diagonal hallways leading to a large room with some nazis in it, then the next room had an invisible doorway with a switch, the texture was only slightly different from the rest of the room (that running blood texture) so you could tell if you payed attention that it was a doorway, then inside was the switch that raised a small sector in the room which had a teleporter for an exit. ...the end

Probably because I was bored and with nothing to do.
Ever felt that way, Archie64? I'm sure you have.

I generally don't feel that way unless it's 3 AM. And even then, I'd at least try ZDaemon first...then I'd try to get some testing done on Millennium or Nimrod...then I'd at least play something good like Memento Mori or something...

danarchist, if Jesus saw you post that link, he'd shit his pants. Is that what you want? A shitting Jesus!?!? (translation: LOL)

This is very pokey...