Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soap

Sprite/Image Editor please?

I know this question is probably going to sound incredibly dumb, but could someone please tell me what program people use to edit Sprites and Images in a WAD file? The only one I have found that supposedly can do it is Wintex, which always gives me an error message when I run it (namely "can't find main IWAD" or something). If that is the only program there is, I will try to find a way around the error. But I would find it hard to believe that there is only one image editing program in the world and that that one uses such a confusing interface.

I've also tried XWE, but from what I can see you can only edit sprites in raw mode, which is useless for what I want to do.

I have plenty of paint programs, legally purchased even. I guess what I want is a utility that can pull sprites out of WAD files and one that can pull them back in. Can XWE do this? I didn't see how when I used it, but I only looked it over briefly until I realized it wasn't going to be an inline sprite editor (which is what I *really* want, but apparently doesnt exist).

pee hee hee thanks guys ... I am having some fun now. I may come back later with more questions and I promise I wont be as dumb then ... so long for now :D

There are no dumb questions in DOOM, there's a lot to be learned. I've been editing for aboot 6 years and I still feel dumb.

Soap said:

Wintex, which always gives me an error message when I run it (namely "can't find main IWAD" or something).

Have you checked the parameters? Is the Doom(II)/whatever IWAD in the folder the program expects to find it? Such a problem should be easily fixable.

GzStarWars said:

I've been editing for aboot 6 years and I still feel dumb.

GzStarWars is Canadian? :-o

GzStarWars said:
Or Paint Shop Pro 7 if you want to spend money. [/B]

Why would you recommend PSP 7 instead of the newer versions?