Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

The most hated family in...

fraggle said:

*Awesome Movie*

Damn, these people are getting more action than on Dog: The Bounty Hunter. I'm going to start watching them!

Scuba Steve said:

Well... Pope Benedict XVI officially confirmed, recently, that Hell is a real place.

Well... Weak. I guess enough people started going to church again, to allow them to change their minds once more.

Kid Airbag said:
As noble as your intentions are, I don't think they'd listen. If Louis Theroux couldn't do it, good luck convincing them.

Well, wasn't Theroux asking Fred Phelps how many children he had because some had left his organization? I doubt that they'd just suddenly change their minds in front of the camera.

Coopersville said:
I guess enough people started going to church again,

Well, that's not the reason for the Pope's mentality. Within the church, his type is more bent on sucking up to wealthy men on their death beds than spreading the word of Christ.

It seems like the stupid old whore doesn't even have any solid evidence that dead soldiers are actually fags.

I remember seeing this woman on some news channel, forgot which one. Jeeze, she is pretty fucked in the head and I feel bad that her kids are brainwashed into that bullshit.

I'm kind of suprised no one tried to decemate her house with all the stuff she miserably attempts to preach.

I've watched every video in this thread, as well as the "Mom I'm an Athiest!" audio and honestly just can't believe how (mostly) reasonable people can be driven to radical extremes under fractured codes and requirements, and most of all, fear.

It seems particularly that the Phelps's religion believes in what's convenient at the time. If you look into their belief system, sometimes they are supporting total predestination and other times making it completely free-will driven.

I don't belong to a church, probably because I'm a strong enough individual that my own faith and belief is enough for me. I just can't see why Phelps's church has such a problem with the way I (and apparently the entire world) lives life.

I guess I just always believed that people did things for a reason. And if certain people were created just so that they could go to hell, I guess that's how it is.

It's easy to immigrate to another nation, too bad you can't leave the world... :/

They hate America so much, but they wouldn't be bothered to leave, then they'd lost the right to organize their insane cult or picket funerals.

That's what I laugh at. If they hate the current America so much then move! And it's not like they are trying to change or liberate the country seeing as their "group" is so exclusive.

The part that really cut me to the bone was when the 21-year-old had to ask her parents' permission to go get some coffee.

I'm a Christian, but anything in excess, even religion, can be bad. Christianity is about spreading your faith to others and providing constructive criticism where needed, not supporting genocide of homosexuals and hate-mongering.

Christianity would have a much better reputation were it not for people like this who misconstrue and twist the Bible to fit their own distorted views.

While calling them "The Most Hated Family in America" isn't inaccurate, I feel no hate for these people, only pity, because while atheists and non-Christians need God, they need it far more.

Technician said:
And it's not like they are trying to change or liberate the country seeing as their "group" is so exclusive.

It seems that their idea is that they are there to cheer as they see God nail down the baddies through whatever means, not to liberate anything themselves.

Technician said:

Couldn't they do that like the rest of us in front of the tv with a big bowl of popcorn.

Then people wouldn't pay attention to them...

myk said:

But in truth, as it is, they hardly do anything; thus wishing them harm isn't any more sensible than what they are doing in the first place.

I didn't actually say I wished them harm, I just hope they get what they deserve, i.e. a massive lawsuit or something that puts an end to what they do.