Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DILDOMASTER666

CUBED - Just an idea.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I've been looking through some past stuff in the forums involving mapping contests and community projects (speedmapping, the 1024 Congestion project, etc.), and after watching the CUBE movie series, I've come up with an idea. The objective, in a nutshell, is to create an xx-map community (mega)WAD (based on how many people are in for it); each map composed of a grid of square-ish "rooms". For example, I could go and create a grid of 26x26 rooms each dimensioned 512x512.

-Since the project is intended for ZDoom, any format is fine.
-Choose an arrangement pattern; such as a square, hexagonal, or even radial setup.
-Any roomsize lesser or equal to 2048x2048 is fine.
-Any theme, or multiple across the layout.
-Any extra textures or resources are permitted.
-If you plan to use DECORATE monsters or objects, send the according DECORATE lump to <venomstryker AT gmail DOT com> , for concat'ing purposes.
-Any extra DEHACKED or whatnot should be decided on towards the end of the project - when there are enough people to get together to make the final decisions on this.
-If possible, individual skies/skyboxes for each map may be made, with the original author's permission of course...

So yeah. I hope that's enough to get a spark going.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

This has already been done? Linkplz.

It might be interesting to see what people create with these limitations but that's about it...

Fisk said:

Linkplz.

Did you try searching the web for "excorpse", as mentioned in Linguica's post?

Anyway, the thread for that project was here.

I've always thought of a map/set of maps consisting of a set number of 512x512 spaces, each representing a "floor" to complete. The goal is to "reach the top". As you progress, the levels become more puzzle oriented(think cyber-dreams or the crusher) in defeating the monsters rather than mere firepower. Of course at the top of the tower, there would be a boss...

A "Tower of Babel" type project would be interesting. You could even require people who enter to make each level look like a part of the tower or limit the texture set to gothic stuff.

Csonicgo said:

I've always thought of a map/set of maps consisting of a set number of 512x512 spaces, each representing a "floor" to complete. The goal is to "reach the top". As you progress, the levels become more puzzle oriented(think cyber-dreams or the crusher) in defeating the monsters rather than mere firepower. Of course at the top of the tower, there would be a boss...

I like this idea.

This is going a bit off topic. We're not talking about who's idea is better, we're talking about whether Fisk's idea is good.

Xaechireon said:

This is going a bit off topic. We're not talking about who's idea is better, we're talking about whether Fisk's idea is good.

Perhaps if everyone showed enough interest in csg's idea, Fisk would revise what he's proposing to better fit his idea and receive more contributions.