Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Monfriez

Looking for help identifying DOS games

I'm trying to find the name of three DOS games I once played. I was hopping someone could help me or recommended a forum where I could ask for help identifying these game.

1) The first game was a SPF set in a fantasy world where you could transform in to various monsters. The game engine was similar to Rise of the Triad or Wolfenstein; the floors were flat and the walls were at 90 degree angles.

2) The second game was an educational title; a 3D underwater museum with sprites of photo-realistic sea creatures that talked to you. (this one may of ran in windows 3.1)

3) The third was a word puzzle game with a sci-fi twist. You would create an alien as your avatar and compete in an interglacial game show.

All three were VGA.
Do any of these sound familiar?
Thanks.

First one sounds a little like Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny. I hated that game. Huge waste of four discs in a time when games that took up 2 CDs were massive.

Yeah, it's the only one that fits. Only other fantasy themed games I can think of that old are Bram Stoker's Dracula and Nitemare 3-D, and the description doesn't match them at all.

#1 is ShadowCaster. Thanks.

I can't find any information on Undersea Aquarium; the name is too generic. Thanks anyway.

I would love to find out what #3 was; it had some cool artwork.

#2: This one might also be Odell Down Under by Mecc Software.

#3: I remember this one quite clearly - Lexi-Cross by Interplay. The only computer game to feature a cyborg Pat Sajak, and a flying robot Vanna White turning the tiles.

WildWeasel said:

#2: This one might also be Odell Down Under by Mecc Software.

The fish didn't talk in the Odell games. They just ate each other.

And I still have a soft spot for Odell Lake...

3 sounds like a game I used to play a long time ago. You'd compete like you said and try to earn as many "starbucks" as you could.

WildWeasel said:

#3: I remember this one quite clearly - Lexi-Cross by Interplay. The only computer game to feature a cyborg Pat Sajak, and a flying robot Vanna White turning the tiles.

Looks more like Bob Goen, actually.