Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sargebaldy

RIP, Kurt Vonnegut

Even though I only read one of his books I knew he rocked. I should read some more.

Good luck, and godspeed.

He's interesting when he speaks, but I haven't been able to get into any of his fiction.

Danarchy said:

Never read any Vonnegut.

You should look into that condition; I believe it's treatable.

It's a shame he died now considering that Indianapolis was doing a "Year of Vonnegut" celebration in his honor.

I don't know if I would consider him "America's greatest novelist," but he certainly had an impact. I read Welcome to the Monkey House fairly recently and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was; his "real" books can get a bit goofy sometimes.

I decided that the mythical Great Dane I will one day get will be named Kazak, the Hound of Space :)

Aww, and I was really looking forward to Slaughterhouse-Six and Lunch of Champions.

Shit.

ahh, the title to yesterday's QWANTZ was kurt vonnegut jr, r.i.p. and I had no idea what that meant.

Didn't Kurt write a story for Again, Dangerous Visions?

I've read Breakfast of Champions and Hocus Pocus. I really enjoyed some of Vonnegut's work, and have to say that the two novels were among my most favorite ones; sad to see him just suddenly go.

That sucks. He was one of my favorite authors.

Danarchy said:

Never read any Vonnegut.

That surprises me. You'd like him.

Nautilus said:

sad to see him just suddenly go.

Well he was like 82 after all. It's hardly surprising at that age.

Personally I blame Ice 9!!

That does suck though, I've read cat's cradle as a kid and thought it was amazing and his sense of humour is amazing!

Didnt he write those stories that seem normal but then suddenly get into fucked up pointless existentialism and shit? he invented emo!

deathbringer said:

Didnt he write those stories that seem normal but then suddenly get into fucked up pointless existentialism and shit? he invented emo!

Yeah but Kurt Vonnegut didn't die by slitting his wrists (I assume so, He was very old wasn't he? Far too old to be playing that game)