Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryback

Hell Revealed demos [-complevel 2]

SAV88 said:

Congrats on your epic optimization work, j4rio!

Thanks!

SAV88 said:

Do you want to break some more HR TASes?

Nope. That's your specialty. :)
I'll stick to trouncing humanly achieved times.

1ntru said:

Indeed a very very good demo, a really fast-paced and clean one. Congrats!

Thanks!

1ntru said:

Now what's next? :)

You'll be most likely adviced to record something already !

By the way, has any hr fan bothered to compile a more fitting hrmus.wad? Those rott midis are mostly annoying and horribly unfitting. I'm just curious.

By the way, has any hr fan bothered to compile a more fitting hrmus.wad? Those rott midis are mostly annoying and horribly unfitting. I'm just curious.

I do not know you anymore.

I bet you like the midis used in HR2, too!

Edit: !!!!!!!

yeah i had similar thoughts, someone should definitely do that. I could try it myself, but i'm a weirdo who likes doom2 map26 music (YUCK!), so i doubt anyone would like my choices.
Also, on topic: beastly demos j4rio and SAV88, don't stop now! Judging by time i expected to see glides in map16, nice to see such a good time without them.

jongo said:

beastly demos j4rio and SAV88, don't stop now! Judging by time i expected to see glides in map16, nice to see such a good time without them.

Thanks you, Alexander! I won't stop, I'll just take a break from March 31 to April 14 (when I will be away). Though my frequency of demo uploads won't be that high when I'll be producing longer, more complex, more hardworked optimizations (including of course some HR stuff).

Yeah, the ROTT music pack for HR is incomplete (later levels have standard Doom2 tunes), and some dull/unfitting ROTT tracks should be replaced, but some others are great. In particular, I really like expressive, atmospheric tunes on levels 11 and 17.

Phml said:

I do not know you anymore.

I bet you like the midis used in HR2, too!

I just recalled some wad - phmlspd was the name if I remember correctly - which could also use some use an additional thought in music choice. Maybe author should take a look at notorious chillax.wad to check for some amazing tunes, besides other things like impeccable gameplay, but that's another and unrelated story.

:P

Hr2 ones are also unfitting, but I find them more tolerable than those in hr1.

j4rio said:
By the way, has any hr fan bothered to compile a more fitting hrmus.wad? Those rott midis are mostly annoying and horribly unfitting. I'm just curious. [/B]

What? :-) that ROTT music pack became many years ago one of the reasons why I fell in love with HR! Seriously, I can't imagine HR without it. Maybe for you it's not such a nostalgy as for me.
I have never liked HR2 music so much btw :-)

Lols, to each his own I guess. I just thought you could get much more out of those maps with more proper midi choices. Say, for example Gazebo's choices of midis for sunder - I'm not particularly fond of ones like that original doom midi which ended in map 7, but it just adds to that map so much I actually managed to like it and never played it with muted music. I just can't believe that hrmus got equal thought put in while it was being compiled. I hope that makes some sense, hard to explain.

And yeah, I'm definitely not under nostalgia influence. It still feels like yesterday when I loaded up first pwad. Was it 2010 or 09...? I don't even recall.

And jongo, please try - doom2 map26 is actually not so bad after all. :p I just need it for sometime later when I'll be youtubifying that hr junk I did so far and just can't bring myself to use that original hrmus which is not even complete.

As for hr2 - map 30 has awesome midi, I'm not that fond of rest.

HR13 and fastway.mid are the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of HR.

HR is just a set of arcade challenges so I can't see how ROTT music could be described as 'unfitting', unless you want to say Contra or Megaman music would've been better :P.

Another undone done, on my all-time favorite Doom level.

MAP26 NM100S in 0:44 (the secret is located in the blue dimension)

hs26-044.zip

Belial said:

I can't see how ROTT music could be described as 'unfitting'

Look at it from a different perspective, then you'll understand. An opinion is an opinion. Hello everyone!

Personally the music for hrmus.wad is awesome and it fits so well with it.

SAV88 said:

MAP13 Nightmare in 1:21

Vile's 1:06 or whatever speed run is kinda hidden in the 'pacifist' section at dsda because it fit both pacifist and speed, in case you havn't seen it (might have been UV though, not sure).

I really like the song havana smooth (and pretty much all ROTT songs) even though its less doomy/evil, I have no idea how to build blaring 'trumpet' etc chords like that.

gggmork said:

Vile's 1:06 or whatever speed run is kinda hidden in the 'pacifist' section at dsda because it fit both pacifist and speed, in case you havn't seen it (might have been UV though, not sure).

Of course I have seen HP13-106, it's one of my favorites from the old HR demos.

It's UV without a doubt -- demos in the "Pacifist" section are UV Pacifists. The Nightmare ones go to the "NM Speed" section with an "Also Pacifist" mark.

Nice hr11 demo. I already had the map memorized so tried again and it was hard to beat. After some some runs a minute or 2 slower than yours, I got lucky where the cyber cleared quite a lot of the big bfg room.

hr11-1123-cl2-uvmax-ggg.zip

Yeah, that room you pretty much have to get lucky on how the Cyber wants to kill the Barons and Revs. I thought I woulda got sub 11 minutes in my first exit.

vdgg said:

Some of the strollers are not marked as such @DSDA. The "canonical" pack contains this demo...

Oh, my bad sorry I didn't realise. I'll probably attempt a worthwhile demo for Hell Revealed at some point next week. I was quite proud of that one as I never even thought about trying a stroller for it I was a bit surprised that I could remember the level quite well, but thanks for pointing that out. Just out of curiosity, why isn't it marked as a stroller? EDIT: I didn't actually notice that demo in the pack and I got sent the pack by Kristian.