Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Where can I get a railgun?

I know its been asked and I've tried looking for it in the forums i just cant find it. It would improve my maps, and rather than just take a rail gun from a wad (which is illegal) I would like to know where I can get one.

zdoom 1.2x had a little railgun example bundled with it, that's where every 'SUPER ORIGINAL RAILGUN' rips from

Weapons don't improve bad map gameplay.

you could make one yourself using the DECORATE function A_RailAttack. The almost only thing you'd have to get yourself would be a good sprite for the rifle,you could take the one from skulltag

leileilol said:

zdoom 1.2x {...}
Weapons don't improve bad map gameplay.

It's bundled with ZDoom v1.22.
Weapons don't improve bad gameplay? Maybe you're right, but the slow-fire railgun is quite different to the rapid plasma gun.

sinyx, balance out the ammo. A plasma cell does 22.5 damage, a railgun does about 150 damage. Lower the cell max ammo to 35 or 40 and the BFG cells/shot to 5. Also update the cell replenishment amount.

my maps arent laid out badly, they have sniping points that work fine with a shotgun or rocket launcher, but a rail gun would just make the maps more fun. I have had request to have it put in and so I shall give my people what they crave.