Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Aseph

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theaters

I'm probably making this thread a tad early because the movie only came out two days ago, but i'm anxious to hear people's opinions.

Personally, I loved it. This movie had me in stitches before the opening credits were finished and it was consistently hilarious throughout. But I am just one man with one humble opinion.

What does the COMMUNITY think?

The TV show is quirky and I enjoy it often, so I know what to expect when I go to see a film based off the franchise (Non-sequitor stories and plots, off colour humour...). Unfortunately, I thought the movie was a real let down. It had moments that I thought were genuinely funny, but for the most part, nothing happened. Before I knew it the credits were rolling and I had no idea what took place. Most of the iconic characters that made appearances felt thrown in and not used to their potential (Mooninites) and even Carl had a really subdued role, which is terribly unfortunate.

I really didn't know what to expect from this film, but I did come out feeling disappointed.

I never really liked the show. It had some hilarious moments (like the episode where those aliens send the "evil" "clone" of Shake down. "Hi, I'm uh...Mister Shake?" "No you're not, you don't even look like him." But those were few and far between. Also, I could never understand what Meatwad was saying. Now, Sealab 2021 and Venture Brothers...those shows are fucking hilarious.

I could have taken two free passes from Dave Willis to a sneak preview. I didn't.

I really want to see this movie, but the closest thearter its playing by me is like 45 minutes away. I recently got into liking the show a lot, so yeah... I'm pretty pissed.

It's a very funny cartoon if you appreciate a lot of randomness thrown in, especially to the fact that everything happens fast in it. A new season is going to be comming out sometime this year.

I am an avid fan of the television series.

That being said, the movie was terrible. The best part was simply the beginning with the metal anthem, and that's pretty much it. ATHF only succeeds because its a lot of humor packed into 15 minutes, not 90 minutes. It's all too much with little to no plot and after a while you just get tired of it and wait for the movie to be over.

Danarchy said:

Sealab 2021

Man, Sealab, I love the one where the captain's infatuated with Michael Caine.

Sealab died a horrible death over the course of Season 3 though. It completely stopped being funny.

Am I the only one who finds 99% of adult swim stuff (with the exception of the first few Metalocalypse episodes) incredibly un-funny? I really don't see the attraction of Aqua Teen Hunger Force especially.

I think it's shit from the adverts alone... nearly all modern 'comedy' is shit. "Oh look it's a cute cartoon but they're swearing!". What is this? 1996? And that "Emily the strange" and "Squee" can fuck off too, the writers should be burned to death and hung from bridges as an example to the others...

The Two Ronnies, now THAT was comedy...

zarkyb said:

Am I the only one who finds 99% of adult swim stuff (with the exception of the first few Metalocalypse episodes) incredibly un-funny? I really don't see the attraction of Aqua Teen Hunger Force especially.

yes

Pretty much all of the "adult" cartoons nowadays are just pale imitations of stuff from the early to mid '90s.

zarkyb said:

I admire them for their frequent habits of tipping their hats off to, or involving themselves with a lot of original creative talents who otherwise don't get recognised by mainstream media, like King Diamond, MC Chris, or, to a lesser extent, Glenn Danzig. I also like some of their cartoons for their 'back in the day' humour, referencing old cartoons and fads, which I know anti-Family Guy types of people will claim is cheap throw-away humour that people won't 'get' in ten years, but that's just a load of bullshit. If people still remember Jem now, they're going to remember it in another ten years (I wear a 'The Misfits' t-shirt, just in spite of THE Misfits).

zarkyb said:

Is one of the Metal episodes the one with Dr. Rockso (the only one i saw)? If so, then I totally share your opinion; also I DO COCAAAIIIINEEE!!

zarkyb said:

Am I the only one who finds 99% of adult swim stuff (with the exception of the first few Metalocalypse episodes) incredibly un-funny?

Probably, but much of the humor in many of the cartoons is relatively esoteric.

zarkyb said:

word, but KORGOTH will make amends.

^ That shows pretty gruesome. Seen the first episode but I dont remember what time its on.

Hah, I remember going to school one day last year and all my friends saying that Korgoth the Barbarian is the greatest show ever created. Unfortunatly I was too lazy to watch any of the episodes but according to them it's absolutely hysterical, but of course I was too busy playing Doom. :)

I do remember this one show on [adult swim] back in like 2001-2002, some blue aliens were on the grass and some robots came in UFO's demanding money for taxes. It was claymation, I don't remember the show getting past season 1, and I forgot what it was called. :S

It was called The Groovenians. If I remember correctly, it was 3D animation. It never made it past the pilot episode, thankfully.

zarkyb said:

Futurama, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy (in that order) are the only shows worth watching on adult swim.

darknation said:

word, but KORGOTH will make amends.

If it ever gets beyond the pilot, that is.

rf` said:

Futurama, Robot Chicken, and Family Guy (in that order) are the only shows worth watching on adult swim.

Futurama and Family Guy are on adult swim? Never knew that.