Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RobMcKay

I think I have lost my love for doom!

I've not posted on this board in ages and although I've been reading all the topics I've not played doom in like a month. You think I am growing out of doom!? Surely not. Also I think you should create a moto for this site like this:

Doom World!
The Site that Time Forgot!

I spent a couple minutes playing Doom after watching that "arcade game" intro, earlier today.

Yeah, loads of us play doom a lot. I don't play that much, but I do play occasionally... Why would be still working on TC's and mods if no-one played it...?

I play thru a few levels of Doom a day. No extra wads. Just the perfection of the game, and nothing else. Masterpiece.

Dude, no one here played doom since like 1996.

i played through knee deep in the dead and half of the shores of hell yesterday on my friends laptop while we watched happy gilmore, i play doom regularly, i remember in 8th grade i played it every day in civics, then i installed it in my deadhead teachers pc and he played it over the tv screen, it was cool

I play every day too.
I just can't help, I love too much.

I'm replaying Doom II and record some lmp...
Trying different ways to clean a level.
I compare, I look if I suck or not...
Usually I suck ;P because I spend too much time in a map.
When I see the Compet-n demos, yes I really suck.
(Perfect movements, perfect shots, perfect everything)
Doom is their world, they do what they want in a map !

My last unsucessful try... THE FOCUS (map04)
I get perforated like a... I don't know... 15 times at the beginning corridor before succeed it.
Pfoufff...

you've lost your love for doom? geeze, why are you worried? its just a game. (hmm, is it hot in here? I can see some flames in the distance)

I can't say I've lost my love for DOOM, though I have been playing it less and less lately due to schoolwork and bordom of it. Don't get me wrong, it's still my fave game of all time, and it will always captivate me. However, ever since I really started to play Quake 2 for the first time yesterday, I have found a new love (oh, come to me Quake 2 baby!). It is just as holy as DOOM now that I've really seen its capabilities. Flame me for saying this, but DOOM is not the perfect FPS anymore; it's gotta be Quake 2!!!!

/me almost creams his jeans at the thought of the joy of Quake 2

I play when I have to (i.e. I have at least 10 mails piled up bugging me for the latest Millennium beta.)

I play when I have to (i.e. I have at least 10 mails piled up bugging me for the latest Millennium beta.)

/me makes that 11 :)

I only load it for coop on TCs/PCs

That's pretty high up on the Doom fun ladder, IMO

I only load it for coop on TCs/PCs

That's pretty high up on the Doom fun ladder, IMO

Of course, but you'll never see me end Map01 again. EVER.

Quake 2 is cool too man!
doom = RULEZ
Quake 3 Arena = GODLIKE! :)
i still play doom for a day or 6 / week
but my friends and i always deathmatch with the lateste dm tests from new games
and /me maes it 12 for doom ME.

I remember playing the Quake2 Demo about a year ago. Haven't played it since. It r0x0red though. It's just like Doom, except everything looks like a thousand times better and even plays better, IMO.
I still don't understand why people enjoy flaming Quake1/2/3. Makes no sense at all. Quake/2/3 is every bit as enjoyable as Doom/2/Final/Ultimate.

Thanks DoomBoy, you really set it up to make my 3000th post special wecial. Mwahahahah!!

I remember playing the Quake2 Demo about a year ago.

If you don't mind me asking... where the fuck have you been, under a 486?

Haven't played it since. It r0x0red though.

If it rocked why haven't you played it since?

It's just like Doom, except everything looks like a thousand times better and even plays better, IMO.

I wouldn't say it looks better. I like the cardboard box art architecture and the texturing is quite appropriate and well done but I still prefer the look of Doom when run on equal resolutions and terms. Quake 2 is quite good, though, just a bit generic and uninspired.

I still don't understand why people enjoy flaming Quake1/2/3. Makes no sense at all.

Maybe because they don't like those games? Could it be? I could flame Q3A constantly but it wouldn't get me anywhere. If you're a shallow gamer I'm sure the game is a big golden pussy for you but if you happen to value anything that makes a game a game you'll find Q3A is just a humongous leap behind UT. Ignorance is bliss.

Quake/2/3 is every bit as enjoyable as Doom/2/Final/Ultimate.

GET THE FUCK OFF OF MY INTERNET THIS SECOND, YOU LABIA SCAB!!!

Quake 2 is quite good, though, just a bit generic and uninspired.

And BROWN

Quake 3 Arena = GODLIKE! :)

/me strangles GuntherDW

Quake 2 rocks. A masterpiece of the "non-story driven FPS era" and probably the last one except some stupid errors (like Serious Sam).

Oh, and whoever complains about Quake2 as brown is fucking crazy.

QUAKE = BROWN.
QUAKE 2 = ORANGE.

Bah, UT sucks. Oh lookie it's an opinion what can you about it?

I can agree. I'm just saying that Q3A sucks more. I hate MP only games... buying one is like jerking off without coming.

Here's I see the series':

Doom to Doom 2: Pretty much the exact same game, just that Doom 2 had a few additions to it. Other than that, it played the same, had the same graphics, same sounds, same progs., hell, I fail to see the real difference between the 2!

Quake to Quake 2: The first one was pretty simple. It played linearly, just like most FPSs of its kind. I see the first one as aiming for the "goths". It was dark, ambient, and just had that plain gothic feeling to it. Quake 2, on the other hand, had nothing to do with the first one, if you ask me. Yes, I saw the full cinematic at the beginning of the game, but I see very little similarities between the two. Quake 2 was more of the alien/sci-fi/futuristic type of FPS. Even the music for it is completely different. IOW, the Quake segue was the opposite of Doom; the sequel had little in common with the previous game other than the title.

WHEW!!! Another mouthful for me!
/me takes a giant cottonball and stuffs it in his mouth