Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vader

Scythe music

I'd like to reuse some of Scythe's music in a project, the one from map26 in particular, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do so!
The textfile clearly states, that authors are not allowed to reuse or modify contents of the wad, but there isn't any information about the origin of the music.
I think I've heard that Erik gathered the midi's from somewhere else too, so technically he wouldn't be able to prohibit the usage of it right?
If so, can anyone tell me the original source (again, map26 in particular) and whom to give credits/ask for permission?

Thanks in advance

Btw, before anyone yells at me;
I've searched the forums, but didn't find any explicit answers on my question!

http://modarchive.org/index_1.php
They have lots of good music. However i dont know if the one you want is in there.
The files come in weird forms such as XM, S3D, IT, 699, and others, but they do play in doom. These files dont play in Windowsewmedia or any other common players such as Real. On their site they have a link to download XMplay (i use that one) to play your music to check if you like it.
These songs are composed by other people and are free to be downloaded. You can even Register to them and start submitting your own music. Just when releasing the wad give thanx to everyone at the site for the music.

wel...Im not sure about the others, but I know the Impulse Tracker module (.IT) is supported by winamp...so maybe the others are too...

Doom_master1122 said:
The files come in weird forms such as XM, S3D, IT, 699,

Weird... lol!

These files dont play in Windowsewmedia or any other common players such as Real.

Get a decent player then. ;) (@Steeveeo: WinAmp plays them fine indeed.)