Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

An new project ive started on this week I got inspired by the original Paradox by Tom Mustaine and my Paradox2 remake and the original E4M1 and my remake of that so this is the result :p

Its for plain doom2 format but a limit removing port is needed, I'm using the same music and sky I used in my Paradox2 map and there are an couple of modified doom2 textures in it as well.

Its about 50% done so far, the map will be on wip as well with some different set of screens.

This looks really nice; it looks different than your usual style. I like the connectivity in the third shot, especially, with the ledge that has the chaingunner on it, that I assume the player will be able to access later in the map.

Yep the ledge with the chaingunner on it is accesable and needed to find the soulsphere secret whoops spoiler :p

One of those pillars on that ledge opens up revealing an soulsphere and some doors behind you so watch your back there :)

I like the Episode 4 style. For running it with doom.exe, will I get VPOs and HOMs, or savegame overflows? ;)

Just trying to catch that E4M1/Paradox feeling but E4M6 would be an good choice as well though it didn't used the textures I am using but the layout looked similar.

I never played MM/MM2 I should check those out as soon as possible :)

VPO no sure yet, HOM most *******ly yes, savegame overflow not sure when that happens.

dutch devil said:
I never played MM/MM2 I should check those out as soon as possible :)

Those maps would surely be a great inspiration for you (since you mostly stick to old-school design). :-)

I like to keep my maps as classic as possible, expect more classic maps from me in the future.Two new shots I couldn't get those cages with the chaingunners in it to raise to the window level.I used linedef action 130 I think it raised to the lowest floor level in the entire map or something, I'm gonna check TNT again it was used on map30 methinks,

And ive been playing the first MM it seems Tom Mustaine was inspired by doom2 map01, map03 of MM reminded me to that one especially the secret jump on that light to open a door it also reminded me to map01 of TNT.Does anybody know where to find info on who made the original doom maps (Doom Doom2 TNT Plutonia)

First at all: It looks amazing, just as always! Wonderful architecture and perfect texture choice and style :) ...but... what I really would like to see is you working on something different in the future. I mean, your wads are all really great and pretty cool but mostly, they don't feel different from each other. Maybe trying a totally different resource wad for the next time in terms of textures and flats? I really would like to see this :) You have lots of potential but I have the feeling that you are a bit limited by the doom resources :(

No I'm not limited I'm an great fan of working with normal doom textures, and for me I prefer normal doom textures over any texture wad out there I think I'm more an mapper who prefers to stick to the classic doom feeling.Not that I don't like texture wads I work just as much with those as I do with normal doom textures, I just think by using texture wads you will lose an bit of the doomy feeling and lately I'm getting bored with all texture wads I just like my maps better with original doom textures.

I think I will do more projects for classic doom in the future, thanks for the links Kristian I will check those out.

Kristian Ronge said:

For info on who made which TNT map, see this.

See Ty's post here for a more detailed and representative picture of how the work was divided up (it includes percentages and emphasizes the "Punch Team"'s role).

Heh I never knew Ty Halderman also worked on TNT cool, thats nice to know I always liked the "Wormhole" map now I know who made it :)

Grazza said:
See Ty's post here for a more detailed and representative picture of how the work was divided up (it includes percentages and emphasizes the "Punch Team"'s role).

Heh, I entered the info in the linked-to Wikipedia article based on that post by Ty. It, however, seems to be incorrect regarding the author of map 25 (apparently, there is no "Jim Mentzer", but one of the TNT members, David Hill, used the handle "Mentzer"). The percentages given there don't always add up, either.

Kristian Ronge said:
Heh, I entered the info in the linked-to Wikipedia article based on that post by Ty.

I looked at it and wonderwed if it came from there (if not, where?) I'd reference it with a note (which would not only give credit for the info but also validate it, as the supplier of the original info, Ty, is from Team TNT).

I did reference the source in the edit commentary, but you're right. I suppose that the article itself should include a reference as well.

EDIT: Done.

It's looking pretty nice so far...excellent work! I'll be sure to give it a download when your finished ;)

Looks fantastic! ZIMMER8 is by far the best texture in Doom2.

Its not my favourite but it sure is an nice one to work with too bad there isn't an matching flat for it, so I made one out of the texture now it looks better than when I used the MFLR8_3 flat.

GSTONE1 would probably be my favourite texture :p ive been using it alot along with the red version I'm using it also in my NDCP2 map.

dutch devil said:

Its not my favourite but it sure is an nice one to work with too bad there isn't an matching flat for it, so I made one out of the texture now it looks better than when I used the MFLR8_3 flat.

GSTONE1 would probably be my favourite texture :p ive been using it alot along with the red version I'm using it also in my NDCP2 map.

First of all, nice map. :)
I love episode4 maps.

Gstone1/2 is also some of my favorites, along with all the gstone faces and metal faces.