Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Limonata

Teh Cat brain!

Meh, that doesn't really fit either of my cats. In fact, one of them loves to be vacuumed with the hose attachment.

Does this website have permission to post that image? I don't see permission stated and I know the artist of that cartoon.

Heh, kind of dumb, except for that "obsession with imaginary insects" one. WTF is with that anyway?

<3 cats

Gokuma said:

One of my cats simply doesn't care about the vacuum, because she's deaf.

Is she white with blue eyes?

Danarchy said:

My parents cat is a white birman with blue eyes. Completely deaf and loves the vacuum. The other 20 birmans run for the hills.

Yep, it's an odd fact that most white cats with blue eyes are deaf (like 90% of them), and white cats with only one blue eye will just be deaf in that ear.

The traits are genetically linked :P Kind of like how normal calico cats can only be female.

Danarchy said:

Yep, it's an odd fact that most white cats with blue eyes are deaf (like 90% of them), and white cats with only one blue eye will just be deaf in that ear.

I wouldn't say 90 percent - but my knowledge is limited to sealpoint birmans.

Alpaca's are affected by the same genetic problem - my parents have two deaf cria with blue eyes (otherwise known as albino alpacas).

Danarchy said:

Heh, kind of dumb, except for that "obsession with imaginary insects" one. WTF is with that anyway?

My cat does this, she just paws at the floor and jumps in the spot as if being entertained by a ghost cockroach I can't see. I think she's just catching her reflection on the kitchen floor.

It could also just be an imaginary prey animal.

Who are we to say whether cats have or have not got an imagination?

It's probably from a reflection on the floor. But theres no doubt that cats have their own personality. Same applies with dogs.

No doubt that this pic is kinda funny (and most of it true)

but if you were "literally ROFLing" as you said, you must be on somtm...

But yes, cats are weird....not only that but they are the root of all evil, for they are Maniacle Maniacs.....ever seen the movie Cats vs Dogs? Cats lost, dogs won, how true...XP

Danarchy said:

My dog does that. Then he charges the vacuum. Then he runs. Then he charges it. Then he runs. Then he charges it. Then he alternates between barking and whining at it. Then he runs away and hides.

I didn't really find myself laughing at the picture, but I did crack a smile.

Man, I've seen seen thiss SO many times before. I thought it was funny the first few times, especially since it seemed to emulate my cat. Then it got old since I was trying to find actual scientific information on the cat brain for a research project yet the only thing I could find in google was this damn picture.

My cat alos deosn't simply chase the "imaginary insects". She literally goes into spastic mode, running full speed across the house while clawing at the floor and simultaneously sliding on it for a few inches.

It gets really amusing just watching it for a few minutes

EDIT: Heh, and on a similar note

I really don't have anything against cats or their owners, I'm just very allergic to them; been in the hospital twice for just petting one. Kittens are irresistable. Allergy shots don't seem to help. I do wish the local cats would stop leaving muddy paw prints on the hood of my truck, why do they do that?

Most likely because it is warm. Quite often I find cats on the hood after I've been driving.

Danarchy said:

<3 cats

Yeah, and when light reflects off her eyes in the dark they appear red. Definitely albino.