Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah I'm bored so I was just wondering,where do you work?Do you enjoy your job and what other things you aspire to do.

Me,I'm trying to get back in collage and working at Hel*Mart.I hate it.

I'm a student, I hate school, I dont like it, and I always look forward to the very end of each day so I can go home and sleep...

College..I did have a job, but I got fired, so back to school for me for awhile.

EDIT: Its offical...I can't spell!

I got fired from my current job last week. I only started it 3 months ago. :(

One moment I was told I was doing a great job and in the next instant I'm told I'm fired because some dumb customer with more money than brains ranted on at my boss for 15 minutes over the phone. So I get singled out and fired in order to keep the boss and his dumbfuck customer happy.

I work at Walgreens in the photo lab. I'm going to try to find a junior Linux administration position as soon as I get my Red Hat certification.

Mainframe programmer, detached, main expertise EAE (going on Agile Business Suite soon...) and currently doing Uniface. Current client is a major bank / insurance company; employer is top-5 Dutch ICT company Sogeti Netherlands.

Agh...sorry,didnt think to check and see if this was already a thread.

Ninja_of_DooM said:

I got fired from my current job last week. I only started it 3 months ago. :(

One moment I was told I was doing a great job and in the next instant I'm told I'm fired because some dumb customer with more money than brains ranted on at my boss for 15 minutes over the phone. So I get singled out and fired in order to keep the boss and his dumbfuck customer happy.

Yeah,that sounds like my dilemma.Customers have complained about my attitude and foul mouth since i started in Dec.It's Amazing that I haven't been fired yet.

Haloless0320 said:

Yeah,that sounds like my dilemma.Customers have complained about my attitude and foul mouth since i started in Dec.It's Amazing that I haven't been fired yet.

The only problem is that I'm not actually like that. Right from the start I've had nothing but good feedback from customers and colleagues alike, as well as my assessor, about how I do things. Then this one little thing comes along and costs me my job. Sucks. :(

Lüt said:

Yeah but those are ancient, and I don't think most of the populous here are the kind to stay in the same spot more than 6 months unless that spot is unemployment :P

I'll have you know that I actually stayed with one job for 2 whole years once. I was a truck mechanic. :o
But yes. Unemployment rules.

Currently though I am studying art.

I work in the dish pit at Red Lobster. I'm hoping to get into production or something else that deals with food though. The job rules. The people there are great, the pay is good (very good considering it's my first real job), benefits are awesome, and all the waitresses there flirt with me. Plus I get free biscuits all day long.

I am a high school student. and a master of the custodian arts.

Library Media Assistant for a high school. I'm not crazy about it, but it's no McJob at least. I've actually done some computer programming and administration as part of the job.

Of course my aspiration is to be a professional game programmer. Don't know if that's ever going to happen though :(

http://www.legacygames.com/ I help make games for middle aged housewives, I actually like my job a lot

Quasar said:

Of course my aspiration is to be a professional game programmer. Don't know if that's ever going to happen though :(

All of our programmers are Belarussians being paid slave wages :)

Formerly full time student, I now work 3 jobs. I'm a manager at a local company called Swiss Farms, I'm working on building up a company to become my main source of income, and I will deliver pizzas on free nights I have.

I have no life, but at least I'm living super comfortable.

I'm still a publisher. My company recently had its 10th birthday.

The workload is heavy, and there's no possibility of delegating. On the other hand, the hours are totally flexible (so are the days...), and it is fairly profitable. So overall no complaints.

I got fired recently. Shit happens, but I love my free time, i've been working for almost 10 years straight with no breaks, except three days here and there, so I'm just taking my time. There's plenty of work for those who want to do it.

Part-time college student at DU, which is also where I work. I'm something of a system admin for two (soon to be three) Linux servers, two computer labs, and our office computers. I also run our department's videoconferencing service, video streaming stuff (I video streamed the Dalai Lama once), I do audio recording and digitization, some programming (I wrote a C# library for controlling Codian bridges, heh), and A/V setups.