Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IndigoGuy

Doom film story

Okay someone must know out there,
Why oh Why is the Doom film That i waited for years for them to make got almost nothing to do with the story of Doom?????

instead it's some kind of lame virus story annoyingly similar to the 'Ghosts of Mars' They had a Doom Guy as a consultant on the film but still it's not proper Doom damn it

ot likely this has already been talked to death so either tell me to shut up or give me the link to any previous posts about the subject

I'll link to this one, because I think I clean house in it.

Also, another quick answer is that the story seems to be a prequel to the first Doom game. I think that explains it very well.

Thanks guys sorry for being lazy :)

btw i love your Sigpic Linguica LMAO

and yeah i guess a prequel....it's just i had so hoped for an acurate remake in film style of good old Doom1, one marine left by his aquad then all the horrific radio messages and it's down to him,
they could have added some survivors for extra characters ah well

Please use meaningful subject lines on future threads you create. "What the hell!!" gives no hint as to its contents. If you haven't read the FAQ yet, please do so.

I'm afraid they'll do a sequel and the Rock will be turned into a bad vision of what is a cyberdemon (remember his arm with metal around it near the end...)

The Doom movie was the first movie based on a video game I actually liked.

The story id had in mind for the game is written in the doom bible, which apparently wasn't even finished. And they dropped almost any idea of it anyway. What's left is a shooter with a very thin story certainly not worth comparing to a movie.

Doom really needs a sequel; the way it is now makes it look like some sort of trailer.

kristus said:

Doom movie sucks. The End.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want a Hollywood completely Doom faithful film look like a LMP or machinima.

IndigoGuy said:

Why oh Why is the Doom film That i waited for years for them to make got almost nothing to do with the story of Doom?????

Because the producers decided to risk obtaining a wider audience by marginalizing the Doom community. If only the incompetence of the producers couldn't have tarnished a future of Doom movies.

mekka said:

I'm afraid they'll do a sequel and the Rock will be turned into a bad vision of what is a cyberdemon (remember his arm with metal around it near the end...)

Don't let it worry you. I don't see a Doom sequel happening anytime soon.

Hmm i sort of figured it was because the Game did such a good job at being Film-like that to make a film of it would be sort of Superfluous, but even so they could have done some cool graphics and stuff.

Also i don't think they could have picked a better actor to play the 'DoomGuy' when he's all beat up he looks just like in the game, and even though the Rock is just about as wooden and an entire Red wood forest he fit's Doom perfectly.

But still the lack of referance to the Dimension gates to Hell other than some clunky "Go to Hell" bits of dialouge dose annoy

IndigoGuy said:
Also i don't think they could have picked a better actor to play the 'DoomGuy' when he's all beat up he looks just like in the game, and even though the Rock is just about as wooden and an entire Red wood forest he fit's Doom perfectly.

The final confrontation between them is kind of amusing, as it's the "DeathMatch" sequence of the movie, the bad guy with the power of demoniac possession, the good guy with the berserk and supercharge combined.

But still the lack of referance to the Dimension gates to Hell other than some clunky "Go to Hell" bits of dialouge dose annoy

There were teleporters regardless, and then there's also the part where they talk about the evil genes. It's like they used the late Pope's definition of Hell (as a state of mind... although here it extends to the body), more than the current one's more retrograde one (as a place).

Event Horizon was a better Doom movie.

Except it didn't have a 1st person chainsaw battle with a bull demon. The rest of the movie aside, I thought that was the shit.

IndigoGuy said:

instead it's some kind of lame virus story annoyingly similar to the 'Ghosts of Mars'

Actually it was some lame xtra chromosome story.

Wow did you just make a point about Doom using the Pope???? :) lol very cool.

Yeah Event Horizon is awesome, still enjot watching that actually,
but again it's got the whole hell thing but it's gone too psycholigical with it.

On the Doom3 disc (i think) there is a tips and tricks kind of thing done by one of the original Id software guys and his description of Doom is frankly the best i've heard, i was something like this.....

"it's basically one guy just going toe to toe with Satan and all the deamons of Hell and just kickin' the crap out of him!"

Now thats what i'd have liked to see in the film, make the 'Hell' precence a character in it's self that the Doom guy is PERSONALLY gonna kick the ass of one imp at a time.

I can see a B-movie have better chance at being a good Doom film, but not an expensive targeted-to-all Hollywood wanna-be-blockbuster.

they made a short movie with a small amout of monsters beacuse they did not
have the money for it, it would take alot of time to draw at least 8 diffrent monsters