Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lizardcommando

Flash Movies: Vengeance and Vengeance: Part 2 (NON DOOM RELATED)

Ok, this movie took about a couple weeks to make. I tried a new technique for making flash movies. I scanned in some pictures that I drew and I animated them. I'm not that great using those drawing pens. I would have just stuck with using pencils, but that tends to get really messy and smudgey. Plus, ink shows up better and clearer.

I didn't really concentrate on making the sound quality any good, so most of the voices and sound effects will probably sound like crap. Also, the dialogue in the movie kinda makes things pretty melodramatic and almost cheesy to be honest. Just concentrate on looking at the artwork and turn off the sound if it bothers you that much. Heh.

This movie's pretty violent and it deals with a sensitive issue. If it offends you, I apologize for it. Making flash movies and drawing comics are a few of the ways I deal with these issues. Anyways, here it is.

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcgallery/vengeance.html

Once again, since it's on Geocities, you might encounter that stupid bandwidth error. If that happens, try again.

If you keep taking eye for an eye soon enough everyone is blind.

Ah, I'm glad you saw that message. LC might be able to stop the past massacres from happening but there really wouldn't be any way to stop future attacks from happening. All in all, LC's mission would eventually become futile and meaningless.

I think you doing the drawings by hand, rather than what you have been doing, looks better, although obviously they lack in the color department. I was impressed with the quality of the animation, even though it is relatively minimal. I particularly liked the 'heaving of the chest' effect, by contracting and expanding the drawing.

No sound for me, due to the public computer I'm using, but that's okay, as it lets me focus solely on the visual aspect of it. Good job!

LizardCommando saving the past world once more!

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you could actually used scanned art in Flash. I remember trying it once, and not getting anywhere. Well, if I ever get into Flash again, I may give it another try.

The annoying thing about using scanned art is that it can bloat up the SWF files really fast. Luckily, you can compress it and change the quality. Before I had it compressed, it was around 6MB when it was done. After I compressed it, the size was reduced to around 600KB.

Another annoying thing is that you'll need to split up certain parts of the artwork. For example, the limbs on LC in some of the scenes had to be split into several parts. One part would be the body, another would be the head, the mouth (that was done in Flash), the gun, etc. It takes a while to get everything assembled.

The next one I make, I promise I won't have as much dialogue. In all honesty, I end up closing the box when LC approaches the bad guy after he shoots him. Hehe. The talking is boring.

Here's the sequel to Vengeance simply titled Vengeance: Part 2.

Basically, Lizardcommando travels back in time to kill Cho-Sung-Foi. This was supposed to be alot longer (it was supposed to cover two other school shootings), but I ran out of time to make those two scenes (that's also why I didn't bother making a new thread about this movie). I drew the background on paper and then scanned it. The characters are all done in Flash. The movie kinda ends abruptly, but as I mentioned earlier, I ran out of time to make it so that's why it's like that.

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcgallery/vengeance2.html

Also, if you get that stupid geocities bandwidth error, try again later.

Heh, the line is directly from a Chow Yun Fat movie. It's a violent Chinese action movie similar to Hardboiled and The Killer. Also, pay attention to the way he says it. Ehh, that hint might not be so helpful actually.

Oh shit, I can't believe I thought those other two movies now.

It's 'A Better Tomorrow 2' (or whatever it's called) isn't it?!

That's fucking sweet. It made my day figuring that quote out.

A Better Tomorrow II is the best Chinese action movie ever. It's kind of boring throughout much of the film, but it's totally worth it for the thirty minutes worth of ultra-violent gunfights for the last part of the movie. Huge explosions, a death count of like 300 people, and the most over-the-top action ever. It hits #1 on so many levels.

Now that just raises the question... Why didn't you make it so LC and Cho-Sung-Foi unloaded two clips into each other before LC finished him off, and have him walk away barely injured?

Ah damn, that seems like a cool idea. I wish I thought of that... It wouldn't matter though, unfortunately. I would have run out of time anyways since this is the last week to turn in my projects.

On the subject of A Better Tomorrow 2, I haven't actualy seen the movie. I've seen the awesome gun battle that happens at the end though. It's bad ass, but it's not as awesome as the Hard Boiled Tea House shoot out scene. ;)