Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
impkilla

Combining Textures

How do I combine two or more sets of textures? I'm trying to combine Doom, Doom 2, TNT Doom, and Plutonia together.

too bad that would be illegal...

but (if you were to switch to something a little more....legit...), to combine wads just go to File--->Merge then select the target wad to combine to.

Steeveeo said:

to combine wads just go to File--->Merge then select the target wad to combine to.

Yes, but here's something about TEXTURE1, (sometimes) TEXTURE2 and PNAMES. Merging would only cause tens, if hundreds of error messages at start-up, concerning missing textures, invalid textures, no TEXTURE2, badly patched textures, or if it passes it, messed up textures.

The bummer is that TEXTURE1 (and TEXTURE2 for Doom-oners) addresses texture patches by numbers in the list, not by names. That blows when you have to copy the textures from one game from another. You have to slowly swap stuff and renumber. Otherwise, all or all new textures will be messed up.

This problem happens when loading several wads into the game too. It's tough to load separate sprite, flat, texture sets.

What I wanted to do was make one WAD with all the textures from the games; a WAD with the icon of sin textures from Doom 2, the dead baron of hell on the wall from Doom, the waterfall from Plutonia (or is it TNT?), etc. I looked in the downloads section of Doomworld, but couldn't find anything. Is there a program I can download to do this?