Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skeletor

Red Dwarf is also the shit

The Dr. Who thread got me thinking about Red Dwarf. Anyone watch this show a while, while back?

I've got every episode, and have been waiting for the movie ever since.

First 2-3 series' where best, the ones where they where in the starbug where total shit, so was the time travel stuff. When they found the ship again and all the crew had been revived was ALRIGHT (mainly 'cause Rimmer was back!) but not as good as the beginning. The dinosaur with diarreah still makes me laugh though. If i remember the last series ended on a cliffhanger back in 1999 or 2000, and then it just stopped. I heard some vaugue rumours about a film but i think those have been going around since it started, but that's all really. Craig Charles, the bloke who played Lister now hosts Robot Wars (remote control cars with hammers on smashing each other) which is constantly shifted around channels and times, i think it's currently on channel 5 at a time when nobody at all watches it. And the guy who was Rimmer (who's name escapes me) writes for Practical Classics magazine, and was also on Fifth Gear (a Channel 5 car show) driving a Jaguar D-type the other day

In the show it was the name of a "mining" spaceship, which was red, and not very small at all.

Red Dwarf is probably tied with Firefly for my favorite sci-fi show of all time. It's such a hilarious and quotable series. I've seen every episode of the first 6 seasons, but all I've seen of the last two seasons was the episode in season 8 where they installed a camera on Kryten to use when he was in the women's showers. Seasons 3 and 4 were probably the best. 1 and 2 were a little clunky, but still pretty good. 5 and 6 I thought were just as good. And you gotta love the theme song.

Danarchy said:

Red Dwarf is probably tied with Firefly for my favorite sci-fi show of all time.

<3 You and me both Dan. :)

//Off topic

deathbringer said:

Craig Charles, the bloke who played Lister now hosts Robot Wars (remote control cars with hammers on smashing each other) which is constantly shifted around channels and times, i think it's currently on channel 5 at a time when nobody at all watches it.

I hadn't realised it was still going. Are these new episodes, or repeats? I remember seeeing a few episodes on 5, but that was at least two or three years ago. The format wasn't really as good as the BBC's version somehow, even though it hadn't really changed much.

I hadn't realised it was still going. Are these new episodes, or repeats?

I saw "The eigth wars" last year, and i think it started in 1998 (hosted by Jeremy Clarkson for the first series), so i assume that was new. It probably is still going but is on at an obscure time and not publicised at all, plus there's a 10 minute ad break after every fight, which turns people off

deathbringer said:

. Craig Charles, the bloke who played Lister now hosts Robot Wars (remote control cars with hammers on smashing each other) which is constantly shifted around channels and times, i think it's currently on channel 5 at a time when nobody at all watches it. And the guy who was Rimmer (who's name escapes me) writes for Practical Classics magazine, and was also on Fifth Gear (a Channel 5 car show) driving a Jaguar D-type the other day

Craig also stars in Coronation Street :)