Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another map done :p short but sweet it might be tough at some points cause of the low ammount of health I have put in this map, before I upload this I will add an second map to it for more gameplay fun.

Download(143kb) updated version

And don't bother looking for the red keycard in map01 there isn't one I'm going to put it in map02 I'm just trying something to see if I like it.This map is done you can see an large part of map02 while you are playing map01, its for doom2 limit removing recommended.

I thought there was health enough 4 stimpacks total, ive put alot of effort into gameplay maybe too much :p

I didn't want it to be too easy meh maybe I need to add one or two stimpacks somewhere, or an bunch of blue bottles.

Did you found both secrets? I might replace the chainsaw for an medikit, I don't think people will use the chainsaw alot on map01 anyway.

nice map, challenging.

A tad bit of a glitch though. I was able to get into the map02 grassy area by jumping on top of a walkway railing then up the wall. Then I could jump up on a flaming barrel and into a place that I suppose I wasnt supposed to go... (gated area with a switch in between two fences)

No jumping and crouching its ment to be played without that crap.

[edit]I know I should have said that in my first post sorry about that.

Hey Dutch, you should make a level that reqs jumping (please only jumping, SkullTag hates my guts for crouching), cause then there wouldn't be a 'cheating 'way to beat the level.

I can't truly judge the game play currently as I haven't finished it yet (I died mostly, so it's not easy, but it doesn't mean it's too hard, since I'm not familiar with the whole level yet, such as the secrets).

I did find a couple of serious issues (and both issues may or may not be related). One was that it was giving me numlump termination errors using Doom2+. Strangely just a few minutes ago it loaded without the error, and reloading the map after dying didn't bring the error up (and thus I played through a portion of the map), but on any other occasion I've gotten it every time I looked out of the first room, opening the first door or through the window.

Additionally, there's this visual (tutti frutti) glitch all along the surrounding wall:

No sorry I don't think I will ever make maps that require jumping or crouching to finish it.

I like to keep my maps as classic as possible I appreciate them alot more like that.

[edit]Yikes bigass bug there I didn't had this bug once while playtesting, how on earth can that happen.

[edit2]It can't be the texture I can't find anything wrong with it, maybe because I aligned it on the Y-axis too much?

@ Myk- What port you using? Sometimes a port could cause it, butit may be from the map, just saying, it may be the port you used.

Damnit I need to know how to fix tutti frutti cause I get it while playing it with doom95 as well.

It seems it only happens with that rock texture.

Tutti-frutti errors are usually caused by using oddly dimensioned textures on walls that are too tall. The only way to fix it is by changing the texture.

Its 128x128 in size tutti frutti shouldn't happen its the same as some of the original rock textures and they tile well on an large wall.

Yeah...

This might be able to help; prboom+ with -devparm closed with the following:

R_InitData: Textures R_CacheTextureCompositePatchNum: Composite patches not initialized 
I was pretty sure I was seeing something like this on Doom2+'s startup sequence, but I couldn't read it.

Done fixed that stupid bug is dead, I had an texture and an flat with exactly the same name thats what was causing this.

Updated link see first post, I learned another thing about textures and flats.

I'll admit that I iddqd'd after hitting 10% health pretty early in the map. I wanted to see the whole thing without having to save and reload a billion times, and I remembered that you said there wasn't much health in the map. I might do a real playthrough sometime though.

Anyway, very nice map. It looks great, the layout is good, the gameplay is challenging despite the use of easy monsters, due to the lack of health...I like it! :)

Good map, hard. I died three times on the 3rd difficulty, so I went to the easiest and beat it my first try. :P

I think you should add maybe one or two shotgun shells, I killed 80% of the enemies with a pistol.

dutch devil said:
I learned another thing about textures and flats.

Same here.

esselfortium said:
I might do a real playthrough sometime though.

You'll find that it's tight on health but not that deadly. Once you find at least one of the secrets (I missed one, I believe), it's not that hard to reach the exit.

Ok I started my work on map02 I will place alot of corpses in the areas you have played through on map01, to give the players an impression of the carnage they left behind while exiting map01.

Of course those areas will be repopulated by new monsters new areas open up or monsters teleport in, all doors that were S1/D1 in map01 will be open in map02.

Two shots of the starting area of map02 its going to be an waste refinery/supply depot map.

I really enjoyed the map (Map 1) a lot. It is just beautiful.

Like others have mentioned however, it is a bit sparse on health and ammo.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks yeah its only easy when you know the layout and know what is going to happen, so I guess I need to add an littlebit more ammo and health.

I didn't had any health or ammo problems myself I finished this map mutliple times without using the stuff in secret areas, wierd though when you play it and think the ammo/health balance is good and let others play it you get different opinions :)

Map02 will look more like an waste refinery so generators and pumps are going to be added and I think even an small harbor area, and more tougher monsters will be used I'm going to add chaingunners demons/spectres, and knights will appear close to the exit of map02.

Thanks for the feedback I'll shave some more on it.

dutch devil said:
Thanks yeah its only easy when you know the layout and know what is going to happen, so I guess I need to add an littlebit more ammo and health.

If you do that, you might want to add a couple (or a few) more nonhitscan enemies (probably Imps or Demons). This would let it not really lose up on difficulty while diminishing the health issues.

Got through the map on the first playthrough, "only" 98% kills and 50% secrets though (I didn't kill the imp up in that tower because I thought there was more of the map to play after I got up the lift). Found the armor secret right away (thought all those were doors at first, heh), but not the other one. Used the shotgun too much on the zombiemen which meant I had to pistol-snipe a few shotgunners and imps, but it wasn't too bad, and besides, throwing in a shellbox would be overkill. The first teleport trap didn't work perfectly for me, one imp teleported in very late. Very nice map!

EDIT: Okay, second playthrough was much easier, conserved ammo and used the pistol a lot more in the start, left with 22 shells and 83 bullets, and a health lowpoint of 80-something percent. The imp in that tower is a bit awkward to kill, and I don't really see the point in having those two imps behind the fence outside. Forgot to mention that I was expecting some sort of trap at that lone shotgunner (by the computer panels) on the first playthrough. Found the second secret after a bit of luck -- nice one.

I like to use the pistol if I get the chance I enjoy killing low level monsters with the pistol, I even use it on tougher monsters if the situation allows me to do it :)It might be when people have more powerful weapons they start forgetting the pistol, it seems to me that the pistol is an under-appreciated weapon or something like that.

What exatly do you mean about the imp in the tower is it too hard to kill, maybe an redesign of that tower would make it better or remove it completely I thought it would be an nice idea an sniping imp :p

I'll move those "behind the fence imps" to an different location inside the playing area, and remove the chainsaw cause I think its not an important item in map01 I am going to put it in map02 it will serve an better purpose there cause I'm planning demons/spectres on map02.

I will see if I can let those imps teleport in faster it worked fine for me so far, adding an second location where they can teleport to should do the trick.

And I thought about adding an trap near the location of the lone shotgunner at the computer area, but I didn't want to go overboard with adding traps.

@Myk yeah a few imps will be added no demons yet I'll save those for map02.

dutch devil said:
It might be when people have more powerful weapons they start forgetting the pistol

True true, when I pick up the shotgun I always tend to stick to it from there (until it runs out, heh).

What exatly do you mean about the imp in the tower is it too hard to kill, maybe an redesign of that tower would make it better or remove it completely I thought it would be an nice idea an sniping imp :p

I didn't say it was hard to kill (it's not), it's just awkward to kill, because you can barely see it from the ground if you're close to the brick wall, and if you back away so it comes into view it may take a few shotgun shots before it dies. It's probably not particularly efficient as a sniper, either, except with -fast. I think it fired at me ... once (and missed, of course, since it's so far away). A chaingunner would be more efficient (but a hell of a lot more irritating, too). ;-)

And I thought about adding an trap near the location of the lone shotgunner at the computer area, but I didn't want to go overboard with adding traps.

I understand, no problem... I'm just so used to maps filled with traps, I was surprised when nothing happened there. :-)

Anyway, all in all it's a fun map to play. Looking forward to playing more of them.

I think need to do something on that tower maybe leave it empty on map01 and let an chaingunner teleport in there while playing map02.

It needs an redesign as well I have an better idea for it.

I have to say that I did not have any ammo/health problems in Map01 although i play on UV. I didn't even die one single time and never had less than 40% health.
I'm really looking forward to play map02... can we hope for a whole 32 level megawad from you?

An megawad uhh then I have to quit all my community projects before I'm going to start on that, its one of those things I still would like but I'm not skilled enough to do graphics like titlepics and such it has to wait or it will never happen.

Pfew thank god for back ups almost lost the entire wad just an second ago stupid virus scanner working in the background doombuilder started acting weird when I wanted to save it I loaded my map in again after killing my virus scanner and map01 was gone.

I did lost an bit of work because of that not too much lucky me.