Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BASGTA

Mixing Water and Blood

I started a new map yesterday, and there's a room where the floor is all water. I added in some dead bodies, and I want to have puddles of blood around them. I can't mix water and blood that well. (See image)

I tried making the blood sectors darker, but then obviously the ceiling gets darker so the ceiling looks a bit off.

I'm not sure how realistic you're trying to get, but blood doesn't look like that in water. If anything, in a pool of water that size, you won't see the blood of old corpses. So you don't need to worry about it. If the corpse is in a small pool like a bathtub, you can go ahead and just make it all blood.

As for the floor/ceiling lighting trick you're talking about, there's this but it may be kinda port specific for your taste.

Mixing liquid flats tends to look rather ugly. Only some kind of engine induced swirling or flowing effect that bleeds two flats into each other could achieve something like what you want. Unless I'm wrong, there isn't anything of the sort in any DOOM engine.

If I were you, I'd try with blood or gore sprites instead; you already used some gore there, but you could add one of those puddles of blood.

The only other option I see is to create a new flat with a blood stain in water (though only some advanced engines really allow new flats without replacing existing entries).

The way I see it...Well, you may have to add puddle sectors of blood inorder to get what you want...But, there is another way, but may result in lots of graphic changes with a new name for the texture... Get the Water Texture (any of them), make a COPY of it and edit that one with a water-blood mix, but as true in the world " Blood is thicker then water " Soo...You'll have to add most of it red.

I think SLIME01/SLIME05 also looks good and modern when combining liquid with mangled bodies. I especially like the flashing one which also appears below the Greatest Demon of the Icon of Sin. If you map for Doom 1, you can always import SLIME01-12 (three sets of animations) or RROCK05-08.