Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BASGTA

[WIP] Catacombs

I started this wad two days ago. There is one full level, and one incomplete level in this wad.

The first level is quite small, the second level is small as well since it's incomplete. To beat this wad it should take you about one or two minutes, just remember to use the chainsaw on the Revenant.

Update - May 20th.
MAP01
MAP02

Download - Rapidshare. (MediaFire's down)

Ok since map02 is incomplete I only give comments on map01, it needs more texture/height variation and the cave areas don't really look like caves to me I found it too short and gameplay was very easy.

I found the chaingun to be more effective on the Revenant :p I had to use the chainsaw on one of the knights in the pit area cause I didn't had any ammo left but thats ok I liked that.

I wasn't sure what textures looked very "cavey" besides the other Asphalt textures.

The first map was suppose to be short, because the wad will have at least 5 maps.

I like making the player use the chainsaw, I think it's underrated. :P
It's hard using the chainsaw on Hell knights/Barons because while you are attacking them they can attack you at the same time, so you have to run in and out.

Another good way to conserve ammo is to punch some Demons/spectres if you don't have a chainsaw.

The ashwall textures are good for cave maps or any other rock type texture would work fine as well, its needs more variation in height the wall/floor/ceiling needs more work.

If you keep the size of the map the same try at least to make the map challencing an couple of traps would be nice, let the player work harder to get to the exit keep gameplay intresting try to put in stuff that players never expect to happen.

My fight with the knight was more an kamikaze action from me :p just attack him and take the hits and see who wins I allready weakened him an bit with my chaingun otherwise I would have gotten killed if it was an fresh monster.

Alright. An update. I've added a lot to MAP01, and I've added two rooms to MAP02.

MAP01 should be a lot harder now.

I don't know what to do with this wad, I'm getting no support and I don't know where to go from MAP02.

In my mind the 3rd map will be a big sewer, and the 4th will be a abandoned building with a lot of nukeage on the ground and walls, with zombies infested in the building.

You might want to fix this the doortraks on this door aren't lower unpegged either:

Gameplay was still far to easy too much health and ammo, in fact this time I found it to be even easier compared to the first time I played it.It needs more traps and detail, and more hitscanners I think while playing these two maps I wasn't hit once.

I fixed the door and some other errors. I don't want to put zombies in it, because I want to make the wad seem like it's monsters vs zombies vs you. But I may add in zombies just so it's harder.