Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Technician

The Corporation

Yes a very long watch indeed. But worth it. I found this very interesting. And it does make one stop and think about afew things.

Sadly even this film is cut down. Every subject there could be broken into 3 hour videos them selves.

Imagine putting copy rights on the human make up and also patenting animals. Or even auctioning off every chuck of land to privatize resources like water. It’s already happening.

...though i'd like to see how they intend to "copyright" something they didnt make, or "patent" an animal when they didnt invent that animal. I was worried about that kind of stuff when i was 15 but now it just sounds ridiculous

Haven't watched this (yet)... heh, didn't know Google allowed such long movies.

deathbringer said:
...though i'd like to see how they intend to "copyright" something they didnt make, or "patent" an animal when they didnt invent that animal.

What about patenting a genetic modification they induced?

I was worried about that kind of stuff when i was 15 but now it just sounds ridiculous

When you became mature enough to stop being worried about the fantastic things, didn't you start being a bit annoyed or concerned about the real ones?

They are very welcome to patent a genetic modification they have invented, thats not the same as saying "i have now patented the cow and people have to pay me for every one they have"

Ah actually they are. There breaking down animal’s genetic code and patenting it. Along with breaking down the human gnome and patenting it as well.

It's pretty much the same as physically owning a creature. Corporations may not own the house, but they own the bricks it’s made of. You can't have an animal without its genetic make-up. The documenter also claims the patent rules have changed from "no living creature can be patented" to "Everything non human can be patented" But they also bypassed this by claiming genetic code as not "living" but like I said.

But genetic code IS living, isn't it? I wonder if anyone has the the balls to pass a law stating that genetic code can't be patented, whether it's new or not.