Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pilottobombadier

EDGE stuff, again

Alrighty, I'm finishing up my AvP Lock and Load, BUT, I can't beta test the damned thing because there's a sprite error, but all it gives is a lump reference. How do I use the lump reference to find the sprite? this is the error, btw.

InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 1814

It seems as if you got the frame names wrong, like there's the stuff like trooa2a8 and suchlike. So you better check that you have the sprite names and possibly mirrors right.

Could be something else but I dunno... check that out.

I'm using the old AvP doom sprites, a lot of stuff from Aliens TC because it just looks closer to Aliens than anything else. Anyways, my question is, is there a way I can use that lump reference, and if so, how?

Sounds like Espi is correct. I remember having a similar error due to a typo in a lump name.

Try this:

Open DeePsea (if you haven't registered, the SW version will do this). Once DeePsea is running, hit F7, select the Rename-ins-del-move lump names dialog and open your WAD. Above the preview window is a little data area that tells you the entry number, the name of the lump, its type, size and offset. If you find your lump has a bad name, you can use this dialogue to rename it.

Other tools will also allow you to rename entries, but on a quick check just now, I could only seen entry numbers in DeePsea.