Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
b00mb0dy

Problem with Genesis of Descent

I get to the part in the room that goes dark with the second baron and cacodemon on skill 1, and I beat everything in the room, but the room doesn't light back up or no doors open. I've tried "using" all the walls in that room as well as the yellow key upper area. I'm not sure if I've missed some invisible switch or failed to walk on a certain spot, but this seems like a bug.

I am using the latest ZDOOM (2.1.17)

Thanks for anyone with help on this issue.

If it is MAP07, there could be something wrong with the sector tag 666. Other than that, I don't know.

I know ZDoom (if it is a ZDoom WAD) has special monster associations for using sector tag 666, using DECORATE, in maps other than MAP07, but I don't know if that's the problem.

Antidote said:

If it is MAP07, there could be something wrong with the sector tag 666. Other than that, I don't know.

I know ZDoom (if it is a ZDoom WAD) has special monster associations for using sector tag 666, using DECORATE, in maps other than MAP07, but I don't know if that's the problem.

well, GoD is doom e1 m1-3. I played this on UV and didn't get this "bug". according to the text file there aren't any difficulty levels though, so I guess thats really moot. I did notice while it was loading that it did have an incomplete bsp tree. don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm on HMP and i got past that bit ok, and the room lit up again and the door near the small stairs opened back up (to get back up to the E1M3-resembling "loop"), so if you want to noclip out of the area that's the way to go