Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Final planning for The Unnamed Heretic Megawad

As many of you know, I have a Heretic Megawad in the works, and as a select few of you know, it's been in the "planning" stage for a loooong time while I do schoolwork and stuff. I have decided not to use any storyline at all, not even the original one. I will simply make a level collection with some new textures and flats.

Here's the question. I was thinking of making the last episode kind of a "classic heretic" thing. Use the original heretic textures or perhaps just redo original heretic maps. Please gimme an opinion as to how you think I should do this.

I'll leave this poll up until next weekend when I plan on starting the project.

Use the original textures, and add some if needed. Retexturing the whole game needs a lot of extra work.

Go for a complete new game. Forget the old levels. But make it goddamn hard.

I think three all new-style episodes is fine, and a fourth "nostalgia" one would be kind of cool. Use the original textures, and original-style level design, and the old musics.

The question is, what are you going to do for the episodes? I mean, I don't recall any definitive opinion on that last thread.

Because I didn't really have a definitive opinion.

The first three episodes would have new levels, maybe new music and some new textures. Possibly an extra monster or weapon thrown in there.

The fourth ("nostalgic") one, would use the old textures, monsters, and weapons, and the old musics. The level design wouldn't be based on existing levels, persay, but the design would be styled after the original Heretic levels (you know, like there are E1-style levels for Doom...)