Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Deertag

trouble with translucent tag??

In a map I'm working on, using wauthor, I tagged a 2s linedef with special tag followed by the make tagged 2s normal(s) translucent. Not sure if this is a problem or not, but when using the check map tool I am getting an error, Linedef xxxx has an invalid tag. However, when I run the map, using Zdoom, the result I'm after looks and works fine.

I guess what I want to know is, how do I eliminate the error report because I'm kinda anal about seeing errors everytime I do a check map :)

Any help would of course be appreciated. Thanks

You probably can't do anything about the error. WA's error checker is most likely not smart enough to deal with some specialties of more recent features.

You will just have to live with the error or use a more up-to-date editor like Doom Builder. WA's error checker even reports old Hexen errors while editing ZDoom.

Thank you much for the replies. I've downloaded Doom Builder and plan on torturing myself on learning a new editor. I'm an old dog who learns slow, haha. I've used Wauthor for so long I hate to teach myself how to use a new editor but I think it's a necessary step. Much like years ago I loved Waded and found I needed to change, in that case to Wauthor. Heh.

I quake in fear at the thought of learning to script and all the other new advanced tricks out there but who knows, I might surprise myself.

Thanks again for the replies.

I plan on torturing myself...

lol....torturing or tutoring? (one means inflicting pain for answers, the other means learning, pretty close...I guess)

Well, they're pretty much the same thing for me. I guess I could have worded it better to imply, that for me, learning new stuff is quite often a form of torture. haha

Lot's of nice people with good advice here on the forums though. I've learned alot reading the posts here on Doomworld.

You sound like me when I was essentially forced to learn a new editor. But it was much better in the end and I'm alot more productive. WA is still a great editor in my opinion, it just needs some work. I was lucky enough to snag a copy before the author vanished again.