Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

Newborn found face-down in Wal-Mart toilet

In a Wal-Mart that I've been in many times, a woman entered a washroom, gave birth, left the new human face-down in the toilet of a blood-soaked stall, and left, all in the span of 14 minutes.

http://www.canada.com/globaltv/national/story.html?id=8f6f458f-ce75-4aa0-8570-bd4c45db8b11&k=5229

"I couldn't see his face, but he was head-down," he said. "He was barely moving when I picked him up. There was blood everywhere.

"It was unreal."

Also, the mother just came forward.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=c5903496-1ee6-4c13-adf9-65ea9257f2a7&k=5617

The mother, accompanied by family members, came forward to police Friday night, police said in a news release Saturday.

They also took the unusual step earlier this week of releasing store video surveillance tapes showing a woman in an oversized dark coat walking into the store, and leaving just 14 minutes later.

So apparently they're thinking of maybe having a safe abandonment process for babies. Isn't this better, though?

AndrewB said:

So apparently they're thinking of maybe having a safe abandonment process for babies. Isn't this better, though?

the story, though nothing unheard of, is quite disturbing, but making a safe abandonment process isn't gonna eliminate this problem. NYC has a safe haven law in which a newborns can be turned over to police and fire departments, hospitals, and child welfare offices annonimously and without fear of prosecution, but you will still get the occasional careless teen that throws her baby in the trash or abandons it in a bathroom. there was a case about a month ago here and one about five months before that. as sad and fucked up as it is, it'll keep happening.

Fredrik said:
The mother should have been aborted.

In that case the child, who started out life in such a rough manner (although it may be better later), would never have been. Plus it's not impossible that she was coerced. Not to mention even great mistakes can be redressed or learned from.

Eh... the kid would've died anyway by being suffocated playing with a plastic bag while the mother sat on AOL IM'ing her friends. Better to get it out of the way.

If that kid can survive a Wal-Mart toilet, his immune system will add degreelessness.

Bank said:

If that kid can survive a Wal-Mart toilet, his immune system will add degreelessness.

Agreed. Nasty place, public restrooms.

Well, that helped me meet my nightmare-ish mental image of the day.

Also not a big fan of how vague the second article is.

Wonder how far from the store she got before she realized she forgot something and had to turn around.

GGG said:

Wonder how far from the store she got before she realized she forgot something and had to turn around.

Heh, we have a bad, racist joke for Gypsies and their fecundity here in Greece:

A typical Gypsy family with a father, a mother and 12 children are riding on a battered Datsun truck (because in Greece Gypsies have to drive Datsun pickup trucks and grow/sell potatoes), and as the truck drives over a ditch, the youngest kid gets tossed out of the truck's bed.

-"Hey, husband, we lost one of our children on the road!"
-"Don't worry, woman, we'll just make another one."

Welcome to reality, where fear roams wild and idiocracy rules all.

Babies are no exception to this rule, unfortunately due to their own parents/birthers. I can sympathize enough to understand, but it'll never seem sane every time I hear about it.

Quite a story. He will forever in life be known as "that guy who was born in a toilet".

"And that's the story of how you were born."

Technician said:

Better then "And that's where babies come from".

And to end: "That's where all babies go"

Maes said:

"And that's the story of how you were born."

I miss that comic.

Wtf

“When the baby came out it was clear to her that the baby was dead,” Krishan said.

“That’s a normal reaction of a 20-year-old.”

A 20-year-old what? Mancubus?

Honestly, that statement is so intensely retarded that I dearly hope he loses every case for the rest of his career.

Also mad props for resurrecting this thread after 2 years... I'm pretty sure only AndrewB could even remember posting about something 2 yars previous...

the mothor did the right thing.

Aborting is a one way ticket to eternal damnation in hell. the book says so.

Hail the lord.

Lord_Dweedle said:

the mothor did the right thing.

Aborting is a one way ticket to eternal damnation in hell. the book says so.

Hail the lord.

We need do way with instain mothor who kill babby.