Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aleaver

Error during saving maps

Ok I decided to start a new map in DoomBuilder. I didn't do anything Different then a usally do, and I get this error. So I said, Ok I must have messed up somewhere and thusly I deleted the failed map. Then I wanted to check something in another map. One I have been working on for months now. And I get this. Its the same error that I got with the failed map I tried to build before. Now Everytime I go to save a map I get this error instead. I have no Idea what I did to have this error sunddenly appear. I have been using Doom Builder for almost a year now I never had this come up.

Edit: I am useing Doombuilder version 1.68 Build 385 on Windows Xp

Have you edited the map configuration file or the wad's settings file (blahblah.dbs)? This error occurs if anything on the left of an equals sign has a space in it.

Oogaland said:

Have you edited the map configuration file or the wad's settings file (blahblah.dbs)? This error occurs if anything on the left of an equals sign has a space in it.

No..All I did was try to start a new map..and after I did that this error now occurs. But I have noticed now that it occurs only when I try to playtest maps. I can save now without any errors, but when I try to playtest it gives me that error.

It might be worth taking a look at Parameters.cfg, in that case, just to see if, somehow, some spaces have ended up where they shouldn't be.

I am just guessing here, but it looks like the "key" error may be from it trying to write a registry key that it will not allow, with spaces. Can you turn off Registry keys writing in your config? Upon saves, it writes to the registry to tell the program what file you were using when you were last mapping. There was a somewhat similar issue with XWE. I have no clue if they might be in any way related but Might be worth a shot.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40110

Are there any spaces in the file name you are trying to save?

hmm... Take a look at your Doom Builder directory (probably C:/program files/doom builder/) and see if any of the files there have spaces. if not, have you tried it with other configurations? it might just be the way your computer incorrectly installs a name or something. Try checking the file for the configuration you've been using.
That's all I can think of that would cause that error...

Searcher said:

Are there any spaces in the file name you are trying to save?

Nope. The file name is CC3m25.wad

Oh wait, you say it's only when you try to playtest? You know you can just do that manually right? it's never worked for me...
Maybe you have something wrong with your configuration there? a space in the filepath? are you using a source port? check in your Doom directory....

The funny thing is...when the error comes up. I just click ok and it loads the map up fine. Strange error..I seems to have more bark then bite. (thankfuly)