Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Best Music Revised

Remember my post awhile back when I first joined about which game (series) had better music? Well, I'm gonna modify it by seperating the games from their own series. I'm doing this for an obvious reason (see my replies in the thread entitled "I think I've lost my love for DOOM!").

Here goes, just choose:

Yep, just as you expected, I chose Quake 2. My personal fave track on there is the one to the first level (track 09 on the CD).

Hard to say. I think Doom's was best-written and suited to the game, but Quake 2's had the best performance and is the kind I'd listen to the most outside the context of the game.

Barring those silly happy tracks, that is. The Mission Packs had the best parts of the soundtrack.

Icarus: AV. Heh, the music for nearly all the TeamTNT productions was kick-ass.

Of these choices: I'd say Quake 2.

Quake 2 has some badass music. Sometimes I listen to it just for the hell of it. But Descent II's soundtrack still ownz all.

Icarus: AV. Heh, the music for nearly all the TeamTNT productions was kick-ass.

Well, the Icarus music was rather...unique. I think the Icarus theme was used in every single level's song, whether to a funeral march-type beat, or a fast-paced techno-style beat. Nagel does some interesting stuff with music, I'll give him that...but you can't beat the Shaw/Klem combo.

Quake 2 has some badass music. Sometimes I listen to it just for the hell of it.

Ditt-....eh, I think you know the rest :)

Quake 2's music was alright standing alone, but it pissed the hell out of me to have that shit blaring while I tried to kill aliens. Just wasn't good gaming music, IMO.

on a random note, did anyone ever have KK-Build.wad and remember the music that came with the older version. That was awesome. Houses14.wad has some cool music, as does DOT.wad. All these are Doom, of course, I'm a purist, like i said.
Quake 2 music is good though... hell, I thought the only good thing about ROTT was some of the music

YES!!!! FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE IN THIS FORUM THAT HAS PLAYED DIMENSIONS OF TIME!!!!!!

But about the music, it was all ripped from other sources or used MIDIs of actual songs (e.g. Blur's Song 2 for Map01 and Map12). Most of it was ripped from TNT Evilution and Hell Revealed (or was it HR2?).

I don't mind ripped music, as long as it's good and I havn't heard it much before.
I think if I hear "Smells like Teen spirit" accompanying another crap 20k map though, I may just scream! :>

I chose quake 2 as well. That game has some pretty good music, sometimes I listen to the cd alone just because it has such good music. The intro is probably the best song though, I really like that one. (Probably cuz it's the only song I pay attention to when playing, the rest of the time I'm too worried about getting killed to pay attention to the music)