Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aleksej

Bobby Prince is a Filthy Thief... again?

Listen now... Sade - Siempre Hay Esperanza (1988)
Sound like The Healer Stalks (DOOM2 MAP02/MAP11) a bit.

Any Ideas? :)

p.s. And one more. Not about Bobby but anyway. Recently listen Dire Straits - Calling Elvis. This one remind me from 1:04s Heretic E1M9/E3M8 :)

Incidentally, I recall that Bobby said once that that song was "latin music" based. I think he said it in the now defunct MP3.com page, since that comment is not on the Music section here (which drew the comments from Bobby Prince's own site).

Whoever composed the DOOM music, and two of the best themes from the first Tim Burton Batman movie, is a true artist, thief or not.

Vegeta said:
Whoever composed the DOOM music, and two of the best themes from the first Tim Burton Batman movie, is a true artist, thief or not.

Maybe that was a joke, but in any case, that would be two different people... Robert Caskin Prince III and Prince Rogers Nelson.

I agree they both kick ass, though.

Are you sure he's filthy? Maybe the rain washed him? (only Finnish people understand my little pun :P theheheheheeee)

Jimi said:

Are you sure he's filthy? Maybe the rain washed him? (only Finnish people understand my little pun :P theheheheheeee)

What a terrible pun :|

I honestly like Bobby Prince's covers better than most of the original songs. Then again, I'm not a big fan of metal so there is probably some bias here.

I love the music in Doom. I can play Hangar and Suburbs on my guitar, E3M1 Hell Keep sounds like a Pantera song I've heard.

Look at the unreleased music that Romero put on his website. I was a little on the fence if E3M8 was S.O.D. - Sargent D and the S.O.D. as they wern't a hugely known band. After hearing a few songs, note for note "Speak English or Die" is completely ripped off. "Reign in Blood" by Slayer and I think Dead Skin Mask.

In his defense, the Id team handed Prince a stack of thrash metal tapes and told him they wanted something similar. Romero and co. had creative control over the content of the game and approved the rip-off songs.

Has any midi composers followed Prince's example and made midis that were based on real songs, loosely or not? If not, it seems like it would have been a neat project or contest.

Jimi said:

This is the first time in a while that I'm ashamed of my nationality.

re topic: ...who really cares?

Vile said:

Has any midi composers followed Prince's example and made midis that were based on real songs, loosely or not? If not, it seems like it would have been a neat project or contest.

There are millions of midis out there that are exact song reproductions and advertised as such, just google a song name and then "midi"

doomydoom123 said:
There are millions of midis out there that are exact song reproductions and advertised as such,

Well, I think he's talking about game music composers. Whether others have also closely based their commercial (or otherwise) games' music on existing artistic or popular compositions.