Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tycp_08

wad [that I made]

You really should have made more stuff before posting this. This map is just made up out of few rooms with 3 chainguners, a few teleporters and
3 switches.....yep, i just described the entire level.

A few words of advice:

1. Don't give the player so many weapons at the start, it takes all of the fun away knowing that there is nothing left to pick up.

2. Don't stack the player, armed with noting but the pistol.....with 3 chainguners, it's not a very fair fight.

3. The textures looked dull. dark textures all over the place.

The retarded teleporting did not make things better.

Have you mapped before?

ok, perhaps i was a little harsh, you seem to have some understanding of how to use triggers and such. Just keep mapping and you will be fine.

if i had a dollar for everytime i heard that...
but the comments were appreciated.

tycp_08 said:

if i had a dollar for everytime i heard that...

Don't think like that, i don't know how much you have mapped before but my first wad was shitty as hell(look of it in the doom database and you
will see how shitty it is). The only thing you have to do is to keep mapping and you WILL (i hope) get better.

I think if you just work on creating a larger map, you will be fine. The gameplay could be better by expanding your rooms and giving the player more opportunity to explore and develop his arsenal.

3 chaingunners are no problem with an pistol, this map look alright you already learned an couple of things doors teleporters and lowering sectors.

Sector 24 isn't closed I would remove all those cages and keep the rest and expand the map add an door somewhere put in an bunch of windows that overlook an outsidea area which you come through later on in the map.

There are quite an few sectors which can be deleted without any problem, you seem to lower the ceiling or raising the floor to make an pillar its not the way to do it unless you planning something with them go into sector mode select them and press delete.

I would remove all weapons except maybe the shotgun, personally I wouldn't leave any weapons behind with enough cover 3 chaingunners are an walk in the park maybe add one or two stimpacks there.

Just keep the map simple concentrate on getting an map done which can be completed imo you shouldn't worry about detail all that much at this point.

no, I just made this because i had nothing to do.

and what do you need, detail-wise? i really don't know what else to add.

Its very simple if you want an bunch of pillars in your room, make your room draw your sectors in that room that will become solid pillars later on, go into sector mode select them all and press delete now the are solid and have the void on the other side so you can make wall lights computer panels inside them.

Select your sectors so they are marked in red, be sure that you are in sector mode.

Now press delete and voila four beautiful looking pillars :p