Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Google Street Maps

I bet like only .5% of the roads in the US actually have that feature.

Danarchy said:

I bet like only .5% of the roads in the US actually have that feature.

Probably much, much less than that.

EDIT: Heh, the first tee of the Golden Gate park disc golf course in San Francisco. Looks like a nice course; I'll have to make sure I stop by the next time I'm in the Bay Area.

exp(x) said:

Probably much, much less than that.

Don't worry, they'll grow by enough as needed. Fine work, it's actually like Google Earth but with street-level-taken photographs.

I found a street 5 blocks from my house that had been put on the street view system. A street I drive several times per week. It was the real street. I was shocked. WOW! That seems a bit close to home.

I wonder what kind of privacy issues there are going to be with this system? I can see the lawsuits coming out of the woodwork when they start doing more "neighborhoods" if that is their plan.

Bloodshedder said:

What is the privacy issue in taking pictures of a public place?

It's not the fact that Privacy is invaded just by single handedly photographing it as we do everyday, but putting into a advance program like "Google Streets" can be accessible to everybody (including Police/Government) to know the exact location and directions of your home/work in complete detail....So really it's a double edge sword...

Pictures of streets are one thing, someones house seems to me to be a different matter. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Maybe it is no issue at all but I am sure parts of it will be challenged in court.

So you guys assume that you have no right to privacy in this day and age? Hmmm.

I wonder how long it is before somebody will decide to do something... naughty in front of the Google camera and be pointed and laughed at by millions of internet users.

Searcher said:

So you guys assume that you have no right to privacy in this day and age? Hmmm.

I'm all for privacy, but your right to privacy really only begins once you get inside your house. A city street is a public place.

so...THIS is how that big machine from Deja Vu' came to be!

Now all we need is a live feed from four days ago...