Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexz721

Display problem in ZDoom

Didn't want to bump my old topic about a similar problem I posted about last year, but I'm having a similar but not identical problem with ZDoom (see http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37708 for reference; I don't know if it's actually related). Basically, whenever I increase the resolution at all above the default resolution of Doom, ZDoom starts locking up occasionally whenever I'm moving around too fast - basically whenever the screen changes abruptly, due to turning around, strafing, and especially when running up really close to walls or monsters, etc. (but not when I pick up items and the screen flashes, like my previous problem). Since that happens a lot in Doom, I'm getting frustrated. I'm pretty certain it's not a simple case of the resolution being too high for my computer to handle. I notice Graf's reply to my old post mentions that it could be a graphics card problem, but is there any way I can actually find out? I'm using a Radeon 9800, and this is the only application I've had this problem in.

Test your RAM, CPU and motherboard. Do other heavy-duty applications like video encoders or something likewise memory bandwidth using\CPU wasting lock up or crash your machine occasionally too?