Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deertag

Editing Questions

I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm new to using Doombuilder and to be honest, I've never attempted these things I'm asking before. So I don't know if they're even possible.

1) Is there a way to delete all THINGS from the map without clicking on each and every one separately?

2) Is there a way to move a section of one map to a second map. If so, how is it done?

3) Is there a way to move a section of a map to another location, precisely, in the same map. If so, how is this done?

Moving a single sector is a no-brainer, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to move a section of a map containing multiple sectors.

If there is a tutoral on these questions, please just point me to it. I haven't found answers to these questions anywhere.

Thanks for the help

Deertag said:
1) Is there a way to delete all THINGS from the map without clicking on each and every one separately?

click on a spcae that is not a thing, while in thing mode. you can drag a box, and highlight all things, then hit delete.

Deertag said:
2) Is there a way to move a section of one map to a second map. If so, how is it done?

highlight the section with the drag method, mentioned above, then Crtl+C and Ctrl+V (Copy and paste) the selection. You may want to go into configuretion and tell it to copy linedef properties.

Deertag said:
3) Is there a way to move a section of a map to another location, precisely, in the same map. If so, how is this done?

Drag to highlight, right click. if they are attached to other sectors, the attached sectors/linedefs will stretch to where they are needed.

I have a video, is processing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85bntMg8J34

OK, Thanks for the reply and help. Just what I needed. Funny how things work fine when you know what to do. :)

Nice touch on the video too. Good tool to use