Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
manzer

WIP - 5 DM levels. MancerXX.wad

MAP03 is coming along, but not finished quite yet. Just messed around in Skulltag with it. These shots aren't all that great but they will likely be the last shots until everything is done. That, hopefully, will be in a week or so!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I like your style man. It's slightly underdetailed for my tastes but that damn sure wouldn't stop me from playing this WAD when it comes out. Great work.

MancerXX 4 map beta tonight after I get the wad compiled. There will be a temporary Skulltag server available. Look for it using the IDESE program included with ST.

No ZDaemon? You're likely to get more worthwhile feedback from ZDaemon.

Looking really nice enough detail for me who really pays attention to detail in an online fragfest, detail isn't really important in dm maps methinks.

The layout and item placement are more important imo.

Well this beta version will be open to everybody that wants to check it out, so if anyone with enough upstream wants to toss up a zdaemon server then I'm there. But for now I can definitely get a Skulltag server going.

I'll poke around IRC some more and see if anyone wants to put up a ZD server.

Lookin' pretty damn hot there manzer. I'll be sure to check this out...and maybe even give you some feedback, if you'd like :)

Okay late night update. Not sure if anyone from the forums joined up on the ST server or if it was mostly people auto-downloading the .wad but sorry for the server trouble. It turns out this is not the server's fault at all. But rather due to a bug in Skulltag itself! I've found out that due to a major change Skulltag had in version .97b certain maps can cause the server itself to crash when played online. Several maps, even ones released in the mid to late 90s, are affected by this. MancerXX happens to be among the affected. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next release. :) On the other hand if you play vs bots it is rock solid.

The tested ZDaemon server worked great though. So if you plan on hosting a server with this beta version of the .wad, make it ZD. :P

Alright I'm finishing the .wad up tonight. I'm not going going to have a lot of free time in the coming weeks and this is mostly done. Anything I do from this point would be so minor that it doesn't really matter. Look for the final version on your Doom archive of choice in the near future.. :)

Afterglow said:

Hey jerkstore, are you going to officially release this?

Some day! Is the archive back up yet?

I finally got around to uploading the .WAD to the archives, so there ya have it. Wish I'd have had a little more time to polish things up (not to mention finish the lighting in MAP04..) but I'm swamped. It's good the way it is, perhaps I'll update it later on if anyone gets any enjoyment out of it.

Final page is here.

Fine handful of levels there. They should provide some interesting matches.

If you were to change FF_END to F_END they would work right out using Doom2+, and it wouldn't affect other engines adversely.

myk said:

Fine handful of levels there. They should provide some interesting matches.

If you were to change FF_END to F_END they would work right out using Doom2+, and it wouldn't affect other engines adversely.

Thanks. Where were you when I had the beta version up here? ;) My goal was full compatibility with ZDoom primarily, I guess this will be something that needs fixed another time.

ooh wow, i only just spotted this thread! this is all great to hear - and to see - as i'm a big fan of the Classix compilation :>

i'll be putting up a (German) ZD server for this later on today. i'll probly leave it up for a week and i'll get some feedback to you.
what would you prefer it run as? 1on1 server or something like a 6way FFA? (6 was just a figure popped into my head going on the sizes of the maps i'm familiar with.)
anyways, yeah, just take a look for the [CHiP] servers.

hopefully da_g0dfad3r will spot it while i have it running, i know he'd be very pleased to give this a permanent home on his vast range of servers.

going back to one of your earlier questions:
don't worry about skill settings for DM. OCCASIONALLY server admins drop down to Ultraviolence but 95% of them are run on Nightmare difficulty. lower skill levels are unheard of these days i'm afraid.

Cybershark said:

ooh wow, i only just spotted this thread! this is all great to hear - and to see - as i'm a big fan of the Classix compilation :>

i'll be putting up a (German) ZD server for this later on today. i'll probly leave it up for a week and i'll get some feedback to you.
what would you prefer it run as? 1on1 server or something like a 6way FFA? (6 was just a figure popped into my head going on the sizes of the maps i'm familiar with.)
anyways, yeah, just take a look for the [CHiP] servers.

hopefully da_g0dfad3r will spot it while i have it running, i know he'd be very pleased to give this a permanent home on his vast range of servers.

going back to one of your earlier questions:
don't worry about skill settings for DM. OCCASIONALLY server admins drop down to Ultraviolence but 95% of them are run on Nightmare difficulty. lower skill levels are unheard of these days i'm afraid.

Hey there, a ZD server would be great! Of course I'd always have to say Doom 2 is best played 1 on 1 but a small FFA isn't so bad either. It's your server so the choices are really all yours.. ;)

Luckily when doing my DM settings it was designed with skill 5 in mind, 3 and below are used to remove the plasma weapons.

I'll definitely have to swing by your server if spot anyone playing, or maybe just idle there until someone does join. :P A permanent server would be very cool indeed, heres hoping!