Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snarboo

Our robot overlords are coming...

I don't get any uncanny valley effect from this. To me it just looks like the Michelin man had been on a diet and started to flail his arms wildly around while saying "Eh eh!"

Totally useless machinery. Why are the japenese so obsessed with robots anyway?

kristus said:

I don't get any uncanny valley effect from this. To me it just looks like the Michelin man had been on a diet and started to flail his arms wildly around while saying "Eh eh!"

Yeah, I don't get what the big deal is, either.

Of course this robot will be an overlord, as a robotic child, who do you think will take care of it. A human baby sitter of course.

It's eyes will fall off, and eventually he'll start eating little kids. It's not the future, it's the pale man.

Alboroto said:

It's eyes will fall off, and eventually he'll start eating little kids. It's not the future, it's the pale man.

Am I the only one to whom the pale man resembled an archvile?

How the hell is that freaky? It's a modern marvel of man that can writhe on the floor, nothing too frightening :/

Coopersville (7 seconds ago)

That's so hot. I can't wait until I can rape a simulated retarded child!

I'm really stoked about the RapeBot, though.

Useless, wasted time scrap. We could use that bulk for a car... Or what about a toy robot? That's the best, all-in-all, and exciting to see how have toys advanced from basic figs to real companion bots (even before now).

The least they could do is put machine guns on it.

Robotics is foolishness, we should take that technology and work it into cybernetics. Why have robot powerhouses that could overthrow us when we can merely make all of the humans cyborgs? That way, everyone will have the same power as the robot population would have.

I always say, if I had a nickel for every time I could have used a grenade launcher instead of my left arm, I would have bought the fucking grenade launcher by now. Just a quick chop and shop, and my left arm will be outfitted to fire projectiles.

spank said:

WTF?

Read the rest and it'll make more sense. You see, it's context sensitive. (Sensitive to context)

Zoost said:

Totally useless machinery. Why are the japenese so obsessed with robots anyway?

They're refining a subset of technology that can completely change the current sociopolitical paradigm.

Think of the computer, for instance. By itself, it is not meant to do anything, but to be programmed into ANY tool its owner wishes. A robot expands the *any* with physical interaction.

Computing power, robotics and Von Neumann machines is the stuff gods are made of.

I remember seeing that on TV. I guess a real-life Mega Man isn't too far into the future, aside from having it equipped with a Mega Buster-type weapon.

I don't know which is creepier. the way that thing looks or the guy staring lovingly at it with his hand on it's thigh.