Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

My 2 Cent Take on KDiZD

I have begun a series of individual map reviews for the recently released Knee Deep in ZDooM. I shall be adding one or more reviews daily. Peruse them at
DooM Nexus.

How did you ever find out how to get past the endlevel stats screen?? I'm still stuck trying to figure it out!

EDIT: Nevermind, finally figured it out, it wasn't responding properly before.

Good to see already a review after such a short time :)
Can't wait for the other maps!

Nick Perrin said:

How did you ever find out how to get past the endlevel stats screen??

Don't end a level with noclip on.

This is pretty massive so far, more like the $100 take on KDiZD. A project like this deserves such in-depth review - I think it'll help the dev team more than anyone else, since the rest of us will just play the episode. :)

Was that the intervention of a moderator? Aren't multipostings allowed when there's an information that changes as we speak? If he didn't post, I wouldn't know he updated his review, even if the post is all the same.

printz said:

Was that the intervention of a moderator? Aren't multipostings allowed when there's an information that changes as we speak? If he didn't post, I wouldn't know he updated his review, even if the post is all the same.

My apologies to printz and others for the lame attempt at a joke. It seemed that I was posting news of an "update" daily, and I simply wanted to do it differently.

[As regulars at Doomworld know, I am not known for spamming. But thank you, printz, for offering me your support.]

Ismaele said:

I wonder: how would have the moderators acted, if other Doomers had done what Rex did?!

ReX said:

My apologies to printz and others for the lame attempt at a joke. It seemed that I was posting news of an "update" daily, and I simply wanted to do it differently.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

There seems to be an "edit" button over here, on the lower-right hand side of my post. I wonder what it's for?

Reading Z1M2's review, as it's one of my favorite maps. Pretty evened out from what I'm reading so far, I'll certainly give all the others a look when I have time.

ReX said:

You would have had a much easier time with that last battle if you had gotten the Terrorsphere secret before opening those doors to the central spire (crossing any of the bridges surrounding it).

Also:

In particular I loved the marvellous the area with the two Hell's Furies...

Ichor, I have been trying to complete each map without using any of the powerups and weapons in secret areas. However, I'll go back and try the final battle with the terrorsphere. Thanks for the tip.

Also, I've fixed the typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

ReX said:

Ichor, I have been trying to complete each map without using any of the powerups and weapons in secret areas.

Yeah, I know, but for the next time you try it, it will make a huge difference, especially if you're using the rifle as well.

ReX said:

The "moon" on the sky is most probably Mars because it's perfectly rounded and Deimos is an asteroid, way too far from Mars and Phobos. In reality, Mars seen from Phobos is even wider, and Deimos is a plain few-kilometre asteroid.

I was able to defeat the boss on my second, unexploited attempt. I switched briefly to the mouse-keyboard combination, using WASD. It worked. What I actually did was concentrating on the boss, by looking and circlestrafing, not by turning left/right, running and losing sight.

Slightly odd about how you saw the boss graphics, as 2-d cartoony. I thought they were screenshot model frames.

printz said:

The "moon" on the sky is most probably Mars because it's perfectly rounded and Deimos is an asteroid, way too far from Mars and Phobos. In reality, Mars seen from Phobos is even wider, and Deimos is a plain few-kilometre asteroid.

Also, Deimos is floating over Hell at this point.

printz said:

You're quite right. [The only reason I indicated that it was Deimos is that Mars is called the "Red Planet" but the orb in the Z1M8 sky was yellowish-white.] I will update the review.

Slightly odd about how you saw the boss graphics, as 2-d cartoony. I thought they were screenshot model frames.

Perhaps it was because of the "inelegant" animation that it appeared 2-D and cartoony to me. Otherwise, I felt that it was a fitting end-boss.

Awesome stuff ReX. Very in-depth, really builds community momentum, and is surprisingly interesting to read.

I just hope you're still around to review when I release MoUAC!! :D